21- Opening Up

Hello, everyone!~♡ I hope you all are having a wonderful day~♡ This chapter is actually longer than normal, but it's to fit in all the information between both couples involved in this chapter.🤣 There is only mention of sexual content and it's very minor.:3 But still, please be advised when reading because who knows when it'll take a turn~♡ Without further ado, please enjoy the 21st chapter!~♡ I really hope you like it~♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Jungkook groaned softly as his eyes gradually started to flutter open, his vision still dark. It finally dawned on him that someone else's weight was present on top of his body and he could still hear small whimpers. Realizing Taehyung had been the only person with him, his eyes shot open and he hastily bolted up off the ground. "Tae?! Are you okay?" Jungkook inquired, concern heavily apparent in his voice as he also acknowledged Taehyung's arms and wrists took the severe force of that fall.

Jungkook immediately scooped Taehyung up and positioned him in his lap, taking his hands in his own to inspect his wrists. Jungkook tenderly massaged them between his fingers to detect if there was anything misplaced or poking out. Jungkook could just barely discern Taehyung gritting his teeth in pain, tears slipping past the strands of hair that covered his eyes in an attempt to conceal his suffering. Taehyung sniffled a couple of times, using the back of his hand to wipe his tears as Jungkook gently cupped Taehyung's face in his hands and urged the elder to look him in the eyes. Jungkook used his thumbs to wipe away any stray tears as Taehyung smiled through his pain. "I- I think I just o- overreacted to the pain," Taehyung reflected softly as he giggled at Jungkook's expression.

Jungkook was sincerely worried about Taehyung as Taehyung smiled in endearment. He was just happy that Jungkook cared this much about him, even after everything. Jungkook's eyebrows knit in dismay as he glanced down at one of Taehyung's wrists. One of his wrists was swelling as Jungkook tenderly turned it over in his hand. "We should get you to the nurse to have that looked at," he advised, gently lifting Taehyung from his lap as Jungkook stood to his feet. He continued to hold Taehyung firmly in his arms, bridal style as Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook with his face flushed bright red. "I- it's not that bad, I promise," Taehyung whispered softly, still anxious being held this way by Jungkook.

Jungkook stared into Taehyung's eyes intently, searching for any notion that Taehyung was downplaying the extent of his injury. Taehyung stared back at Jungkook for a moment, too embarrassed to keep his gaze locked on Jungkook's own intense gaze for too long as he wondered when he'd be put back down. "You should have just let me hit my head again," Jungkook whispered softly, shifting closer towards Taehyung. Taehyung froze when he realized Jungkook was moving closer to kiss him, closing his eyes in anticipation. Although, the moment that their lips should have come into contact never arrived and Taehyung peeked out of one of his eyes. He noticed that Jungkook had turned his head away from him now, clearing his throat as Taehyung stared at him with a deep hurt. "Why didn't you kiss me?" Taehyung asked softly as Jungkook fumbled with Taehyung's body. Taehyung moved to stand on his own two feet once again as he stared at Jungkook intently, waiting for an answer. "I wanted you to kiss me and I could tell that you wanted to kiss me too. Is that typically something that 'Friends with Benefits' don't do?" Taehyung asked, marking air quotations around friends with benefits.

This seemed like more than just friends with benefits to him, but he couldn't be sure that Jungkook was on the same page, no matter how hard his heart pleaded. Jungkook swallowed thickly, turning away from Taehyung completely as he tried to think of a believable answer. "Well, you see, I think that depends on the person," Jungkook started, finally turning back towards Taehyung. Jungkook could see the devastation in Taehyung's eyes as he cast them downwards. "I've had many friends that I've benefited from and I had intimate and sexual relationships with just about all of them. Don't ask me the number, I will not answer that. I've never kissed any of them though because I didn't have feelings for them. I'm just not someone who can dedicate my life to one individual..."