17- On the contrary

Hello, everybody~♡ I am here with another lovely chapter! I know that it's a taking a while for the reveal of the nurse's name, but that's for good reason~♡ It's a surprise~🤫♡ Please continue to support this story~♡ Maybe drop a comment or vote, if you want, that is.:3 There is mention of minor physical violence and sexual content. Please be advised when reading~♡ Without further ado, please enjoy this new installment~♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Taehyung squeezed his hands in his lap as his father continued to stare at him with contempt. "I hear you've been screwing around yet again. Skipping class, doing drugs again and ruining the reputation of this family," he shouted, quickly rearing back and smacking Taehyung hard across his face.

Taehyung reeled with the force behind that slap that he almost fell out of his seat. With his head cocked to the side, Taehyung grit his teeth and took the pain with a quick shake of his head. He cleared his throat and turned to face his father with wavering eyes. "Papa, I'm sorry. I--"

"You were doing so well to get clean and some fuck up comes along and ruins all that?! How are you sorry?! You let this man influence you! You let him corrupt you! Yet a-fucking-gain, you're letting someone else impact your decisions! Straighten up and act like an exemplary member of this family or I'll make sure you never have your freedom again! Have I made myself clear?!"

Taehyung swallowed hard as he nodded at his father's scolding. "Perfectly," Taehyung spat as his mother brushed her fingers soothingly through his hair. "Now darling, we promised we wouldn't get upset with him. I'm certain he's been looking for someone responsible and reputable to take care of him, am I right?" she asked, coddling Taehyung's head to her chest.

Taehyung averted his eyes before sitting up to address his father once more. "I- I have been looking for someone... A- And I think I found someone you guys would like too," he stated, hoping eventually Jungkook would change his mind about only being friends with benefits. "H- He's a lovely person, a- although he's a little rough around the edges," Taehyung explained softly, finally gathering the courage to meet his father's eyes. "I- I think I can get him to marry me, Papa."

Taehyung's father sighed heavily as he wiped his hand painfully down his face. "You're cutting it close, Taehyung. If you can't get him to consent to enter an engagement with you by our visit next week, I'll find someone who will accept for you," his father stated, placing his hands firmly on the table. "I'm not going to have my company go under because you're too weak to take over and run a business. I don't know why you think you're going to find someone reputable within these walls, but do what you want while you still can because once I have anything to do with your life choices, you'll never have your free will back."

Taehyung's mother rolled her eyes as she hugged Taehyung close to her. "Oh, don't listen to your father, baby. He won't do anything to interfere with your life as long as I have anything to say," she stated, gently patting Taehyung's head. Taehyung leaned into his mother's touch, finding her words and actions far more comforting than his father's scolding.

"Yes, Papa," Taehyung mumbled as he nuzzled into his mother's arms, glad to be wrapped in someone's arms who loved him unconditionally. "I understand," he added as his father's eyes appeared to stray. Taehyung glanced back and caught sight of something behind him. Not sure of what it was, Taehyung watched as his father stood up and walked away to investigate as Taehyung's mother turned her gaze on him. "Baby, I heard that you lost your virginity," she whispered softly, hoping her husband wouldn't overhear them. "Is this true?" she asked, leaning down close to his ear as she watched her husband out of the corner of her eye.