8- Promise to Protect

Hello, all my lovely readers~♡ Please don't forget to vote and drop a comment.:3 They are very much appreciated~♡ I had a bit of writer's block writing this particular chapter, but I hope it's still good~♡ There is mention of sexual content and language, please be advised~♡ Please enjoy~♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Before Taehyung could get any further away from him, Jungkook caught him by the crook of his elbow and yanked him back roughly towards him. Taehyung's frail body lost its balance, plummeting back into Jungkook as Jungkook fell hard on his butt onto the dirt ground, gritting his teeth at the pain that coursed up his spine. He maintained a rigid grip on Taehyung's arm though, knowing that if he'd let him go just because he was in immense pain, he'd never see Taehyung again. It was the awkwardness of the predicament that would propel them further apart and Jungkook couldn't comprehend why, but he didn't want that to occur.

Paralyzed with anxiety, Taehyung remained flawlessly immobile in Jungkook's lap, not even attempting to jerk his elbow free from Jungkook's brutal grasp. Jungkook gazed straight at the back of Taehyung's head, sighing softly as he hesitantly alleviated his grip off of Taehyung's elbow. "Tae? Wh- why'd you run?" Jungkook asked softly, almost breathlessly, dejected that Taehyung was that terrified of him right now.

Taehyung remained absolutely motionless as Jungkook gently clasped his shoulder. "Tae?" Jungkook questioned once more, concerned that he'd royally fucked up. "I'm sorry," they both stated in unison, Taehyung quickly veering his head towards Jungkook. Jungkook could see that Taehyung's visible cheek was red as he stared at Taehyung's profile.

"Ah... you go first," Taehyung stated softly, looking down at the ground. Jungkook sighed softly in relief as he leaned back on his hands, Taehyung still sitting in his lap. "Tae, I'm so sorry if I hurt you or scared you... I- It-" Jungkook stopped short, acknowledging he had no honest justification for the way he'd behaved towards Taehyung. Taehyung could tell that Jungkook was too timid to proceed and opened his mouth to speak now. "No, I'm sorry... E- Everyone has something that they enjoy... or something they find kinky and I... Well, I completely overreacted," he stated, trying to keep up the facade that Jungkook hadn't just taken his innocence.

Jungkook plopped his head on Taehyung's shoulder, a heavy sigh of consolation leaving his lips. "I'm so glad that you don't hate me," he whispered softly, lifting his head to turn Taehyung's slender body towards him. Taehyung's head was still drooped in embarrassment, his eyes focused on the ground as Jungkook cupped the sides of Taehyung's face. He could feel where Taehyung's cheeks sunk in slightly on his face, lifting Taehyung's head so that Jungkook could look him in the eyes.

Taehyung's eyes slowly rose from the ground, his head still slightly bowed as he stared up at Jungkook, making his eyes appear larger and more trusting. Jungkook swallowed visibly as he forced a smile towards Taehyung, entirely taken aback by the innocence that surged forth from that look and assaulted Jungkook. "You... you don't have to worry about me hating you, Jungkook. That could never happen. I promise," Taehyung whispered softly, offering a delicate smile.

Jungkook felt like his heart was being snatched away from him by that smile as he shook his head aggressively. "Wh- why is that?" Jungkook asked, trying to calm his racing heart. Taehyung grazed his lower lip in thought, capturing Jungkook's eyes with this unexpected action. "Well, do you believe in love at first sight?" Taehyung asked innocently, fascinated to hear Jungkook's response.

Jungkook laughed loudly and shook his head at Taehyung's question. "No. There's no such thing," Jungkook asserted bluntly, still cackling behind his answer. "It's about what's on the inside and you can't understand a person just by looking at them. I believe in lust at first sight because you can appreciate someone's appearance just at a glance. Why?" he asked, moving his leg that was gradually falling asleep under Taehyung's weight.