Mystery Illness

Not Wattpad, but could apply if you want to take this idea for story writing?

One thing I hate in life is when I have some weird ass illness that doctors can't find.

That's me right now.

Started off as a sore throat, so I was thinking it's strep as that was going around my place of work.

Alright, start downing some fluids and have things like chicken noodle soup. Good way to tackle it ahead of time.

Then come the sinus issues. Plugged ears, sinus headaches, plugged nose, and drainage.

Okay, so sinus infection, not strep.

So I start tackling for those symptoms.

And this is where it threw me off.

My lungs can't take a full breath.

I work on being more aggressive with the remedies I know help fight colds and sinus infections, but my lungs only get worse.

I go to the doctor, and she confirms I have something viral, so that eliminates strep throat and sinus infections.

Now I'm panicking I have covid, and before y'all get pissy saying it's no big deal, I had interacted with an 11mo baby a few days earlier and my grandparents will be dead if they catch covid. I don't want any of them to catch this virus.

They test me for covid and also X-ray my lungs to check for things like pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses that will show up in an X-ray. Nothing.

So I have no idea what I have right now.

Lungs are still shit. I can barely breathe without some kind of pain.

And I have no idea what is in my system.

All I know it's some viral illness.

Hot drinks and hot food can help to kill a virus, so I'm trying that for now.

But doctors can't give me an answer and I've never known a cold to do this to my lungs, so this shit scares me.

Mystery illnesses are the worst and I wish answers could be found for things like this.