Getting All Offended (Grammar)

Okay, this is an issue everywhere to be quite honest, but it's so annoying as well.

As a joke, I sent someone the word crimes music video on Facebook and they got so offended that they made a post TAGGING as many people as possible and then telling them to attack me.

Just for a lighthearted joke on grammar.

Seriously?

Text talk is something you don't use in formal writings. An example? Um... An actual novel!

I know my grammar isn't 100% perfect, but I'm trying. It's when people talk like this:

"Hey, wht u want 2 do 2day?"

is when I get annoyed. And, as this adult woman (who's in her middle age I'm guessing as her daughter PMed me and is only a year older than me) is a friend of my friend, I thought I'd do a light joke as I do with most friends and family about grammar.

What's this joke?
This video below

She got so pissed off and it annoys me a lot.

If you're dyslexic, I will understand. But I don't know if you're dyslexic if you don't tell me. And then to go and make a shit post pretending that i do know is sad and pathetic.

This stuff applies to Wattpad too.

If someone just casually and nicely suggests a grammar fix, many authors on here get so damn defensive it's not even funny.

Stop getting offended about grammar. Seriously.

If you want to write a book, you need grammar to do it right.

That's about the only rule for making a book besides characters, plot, and also character roles.

Stop getting so offended over something that's important to writing!