Harry Potter's (Twin) Sibling

Despite hating Rowling's guts (check out the TERF chapter of you haven't yet) I grew up with the Harry Potter series and adore it a lot. I almost own all of the books, but am just missing three.

As someone who's read the books a few times, I can tell you this: Harry having a sibling would screw up the whole plot.

Why do I bring this up? Most Harry Potter fanfiction here on Wattpad is this story idea. If not this, it's about the Weasley's having another child, biologically or adopted. After this usually comes the ships.

Just don't write Harry having a sibling. It's almost always a twin sister too.

If there were twins, then the attack on the Potter family would've been different. Voldemort probably would've been able to kill either this new sibling or Harry as the age of Harry at this time meant it would be VERY HARD for Lily to hold both of them. James wouldn't be there either as he protected his family by dueling Voldemort first and ends up dying.

Also, the twin would be somewhat tossed to the sideline like Neville was. He was born the same day as Harry, yet no one ever even saw him as the potential chosen one (even Voldemort thought this the night he killed James and Lily. He thought the Potters were a larger threat). Those using this idea gotta think it through.

In my opinion, this story idea is overused and shouldn't be done. Maybe write about someone who lived on the same road as Harry growing up and they're a wizard too.

Just stop with this cliche. It's so damn overused in HP fanfiction.