COVID-19 (Non-Wattpad)

Idk about y'all, but I was enjoying this quarantine at first. Being a hermit in my house and all.

Now that I'm back to work, I'm just going "wtf" with how so many companies here in my country are so money hungry.

I'm not disclosing where I work, but it's one of the big chains part of the issue. Hazard pay is stopping for me and my fellow coworkers and BOSSES on Sunday.

Like wtf.

My coworkers and bosses are with me in the front line serving the public. And our hazard pay is being taken away? Like the heck?

I'm very susceptible to illness. My grandfather just recovered from cancer recently. My grandma has COPD. My dad is also a cancer survivor. And my mom... well, idk if her health problems put her at risk or not.

But anyways. Hazard pay is gonna be gone. I originally had 16 hours max a week at my place of work because of it. Now that hazard pay is going away, I get 26 HOURS?!

I have to be in a place where people refuse to wear masks (in Michigan we have a temporary law saying you MUST wear a mask in enclosed public spaces, such as a grocery store) and also attack me if they can't get toilet paper or more than 1 thing of sanitizer.

So on top of working more because I'm not as "expensive" now, I have to deal with more aggressive jerks to don't care about us essential employees.

I'm tired of this. I don't deserve to be attacked because of a policy put in place by my company's CEO. My fellow coworkers and bosses don't either. I've seen the crap my bosses (managers, HR, etc) are getting from customers. They are getting ABUSED.

I'm an tired of this.

COVID-19 made more people become Karens and extreme asshats. My area especially as many of the people refusing to wear masks are those thinking our governor is "unpatriotic" and hate how much she's against Trump. (I love her for it. Trump sucks imo)

Either give us the hazard pay to deal with these crazies and mental health assistance or stop letting people come in as dangerous as they are.

Also, screw you McDonalds. Don't open your eat-in areas. IT IS SO DAMN DANGEROUS.