Fake Accounts

Okay, so this just came to mind as my best friend and I have been dealing with an annoyance on Facebook. Some random person stealing her photos and using them to make catfish profiles with malware/virus links.

Now... how does this relate to Wattpad?

Well, there's a few things it relates to:
1. People wanting attention
2. Scammers/Hackers
3. Low male population

With the first one, we have people known as attention seekers (or as I like to call them, attention wh0res). These people will do anything to become Wattpad famous, whether it's dissing others, using the follow/unfollow method, or best of all, pretend to be a celebrity/author.

Yes, we have famous people like Zayn Malik and others on here. And we also have famous authors like Scott Westerfeld, R.L. Stine, and many more.

We know which are official accounts too. You know how? By that little verification symbol to the right of their name/photo.

So, it's easy to spot the attention seekers, correct? Yes!

But thanks to many oblivious people here on Wattpad, many people still think that these false accounts are celebrities.

Can I just say I hate these people? They piss me off so much when they impersonate a celebrity. Anyone actually!

DO NOT STEAL SOMEONE'S IDENTITY FOR ANY REASON

Now... Onto the second type of fake account.

Number two, the scammer/hacker.

These people generally have a photo of some hot chick or dude as their profile picture and don't have much on their profile, except some type of saying to get you to click on their external link.

The number one rule you should follow is: do not click on the external link.

It will take you to so many type of websites. Here's just a small list at what these links will do:

-Get all your Wattpad and email information
-Download malware onto your computer/android
-Download a virus onto your computer/android
-Set up some type of scam saying you won an iPhone, tablet, iPad mini, etc.

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!!

Now, you may have seen I put computer/android up there. There's a chance iPhones can be affected as well, but they're generally more secure than anything similar to a PC.

I'm sorry, but Apple is pretty tight on their items' security.

Android users, please be careful with this. Do not click any external links unless you are familiar with that website (Facebook, twitter, Snapchat, etc).

The third one ties a bit into the first, but also has its own part to being in this rant as well.

The male population on this site is low. Wattpad is dominated by us females percentage wise.

And many of the females on this website seem to be needy for a Wattpad boyfriend. 😑

First off, Wattpad is a website to write stories and read. It's not for romance! Only romance books allowed please!

Secondly, what has this community come to? Are you not complete without being with a dude? Are you so dependent that you need a guy to survive?

Ffs, please, Wattpad is not a dating site! Get off right now if you think that's what it is.

Now, the main problem with the fake male accounts is this:

Many girls feel they don't recognition for their work here on Wattpad, so guess what they do?

They make a new account, say they're male, and slap some "hot" dude on as their profile photo. Once they start publishing their stories on that account, they finally get more reads, votes, and comments.

Wtf?

So now you're more successful if you're a guy?

Hahahahaha

Haha...

No.

Just because you make yourself male on here for attention is pathetic. You shouldn't act like the gender you're not just for attention.

If you're a chick who's actually transgender and believe yourself to be a guy, then that's fine. You believe you were born the wrong gender. You have the right to say you're male because that's who you are.

But if you're a simple girl who claims to be female, then you do not have the right to do that.

"But there's not enough guys on here! I'm making a dude account to boost the male population of Wattpad!"

No. You don't get to do that either.

You're making the percentages false by making "dude" accounts that help boost the male population. Just stop. Seriously, stop.

Overall, I'm tired of the catfishing, fake celebrities, hackers, phishers, scammers, and false gender accounts. It needs to stop.

If you have any ideas for Wattpad rants, DM me or let me know your idea in the comments.