Mature Rating

Check out my writing tip book if you need help knowing if you need the mature tag or not!

But this discussion here is me ranting about the mature rating, especially cause I see people using it for the same reason I was using it.

Note: was.

So according to my friend on here (who's an ambassador) he says that the mature rating should only be used for erotica.

And tbh, that makes a lot of sense.

Cause books with the mature rating never do good unless they are steamy.

Just... I thought mature meant if we had gore, blood, a lot of swearing, and other things that obviously aren't for kids?

But nope. It's meant for erotica here.

If that's the case, we need a new system cause I know some people don't want to read books with excessive gore or swearing. I get they don't want erotica either, but there needs to be a new system to sort BOTH.

Have an erotica flag and then a mature flag.

Erotica is self explanatory. Mature would hold gore, swearing, etc. under it.

That's just my opinion, but it would help a lot of us trying to use that tag for ya know... sensitive topics and stuff kids should avoid (besides erotica of course).

Wattpad needs to make a better system cause I see some good books ranking since they're trying to use the mature rating appropriately, but Wattpad has skewed it with the "erotica only" mindset to users.