Bad Boys

Now, I went over this in my writing book as well, but this will be way more of a rant than what that was.

What the heck is attractive about these guys in Wattpad books?

Is it the idea a bad boy will change?

That something terrible is romanticized?

That having a dude who spits on you is okay?

I'm sorry, but I find the whole idea of bad boys stupid, even if it's not on Wattpad.

Damon Salvatore, for example, is a huge dickbag in the beginning of the Vampire Diaries series. Sure, he's cute and has smoking abs, but I hated his guts for how he acted.

On Wattpad, Damon would be seen as an ideal boyfriend since he's hot and a "bad boy".

So looks justify a dude being abusive/disrespectful towards a female?

I don't think so.

If we want romances that make us swoon, let's make them more realistic.

No one should ever be abused mentally or physically, and it seems a lot of the bad boy books on here say it's okay.

It isn't. Abuse is never okay. Ever.

The bad boys of Wattpad books should just go. They are an idea that is never realistic.

A guy who does drugs, is violent, or anything else that is morally wrong and illegal is not someone you should romanticize.

Anyways, what's with the attraction towards bad boys? Survival of the fittest? Is that it?

If so, I'll pick the dude who wouldn't survive. At least they know how to respect others and love people properly.

I wouldn't want to be in the hands of someone the opposite of that. A guy who treats you right is what matters.

Now, why are the bad boys still the main attraction to a story? Past what I just said, they're not as attractive anymore, right?

"Well, they can change for the girl..."

No. Screw that bs.

If he's been in a lifestyle of being a "bad boy", then he's not going to change for a chick. And a girl will just be wasting her time trying to make him become good.

These bad boy books are so unrealistic that it makes me want to vomit.

Please, someone write a story that's legit and not so stupid as the bad boy ones are.

If you've encountered these type of idiotic stories, then by all means, leave a vote.