High School Politics

This isn't about Wattpad, but real life and I need to vent.

So, my old high school is having their election for new school board members this coming election in my state. So not only am I voting for a new governor, but people for the school district I went to.

I'm going to point out that one candidate was a classmate of mine. He's just a year older than me, but he was still involved in my high school career a lot as he and I took many class electives together. I took them for the interest, he took them to look good on his resume.

I'm going to call him L in this as I know fellow graduates of mine will know who I'm talking about, but you guys don't. I may reveal his name in future if he ever does run for President (as he's a lot like our current one). <-This is for United States citizens. If you're from another country, you're safe lol

Basically I am a bit salty because my mom texted me today with a photo she took of a pamphlet L made and delivered to our house. Where he was talking to my father for a bit (and thank goodness he was, my mom said she'd pretend to be a crazy liberal to scare him off if she had answered).

L is genuinely nice to people. But he's also a bit of an asshole.

Why?

Well, my first real incident where he pissed me off was junior year. The day of silence we had for those who had taken their lives in the LGBT+ community.

L broke that respected silence and started to diss them. Right there was the first time I witnessed how terrible of a person he was. I stopped talking to him then. We were no longer friends due to how he disrespected my friends and I, members of the LGBT+ community.

Then, it was election times.

He proudly went around school saying how he was now 18 and was going to vote for Trump.

Thanks to that stunt, none of us elected him president of the entire school body. He got shunned by at least 75% of our school.

Now, Facebook...

I'm friends with him on Facebook, mainly for the laughs and giggles to see him trying to counter what my liberal friends say and prove on his posts.

Recently, the high school I went to had a huge bus driver scandal at the beginning of the year. L was fast to blame the bus driver and say it was the bus driver's fault even though video evidence proved the kids were not abused and GPS showed the driver did not go off the course.

While I do applaud L for getting justice for the school not allowing to show the video (many parents requested to see it so they could judge themselves. They did the proper papers to request it and school denied) but he did it so immaturely without reading the fine print of law... And he's currently studying law and business at the college he's attending. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Then, earlier this month, the high school got a school shooter threat. So, to protect students, they closed the school down for a day or two. L posted a photo on Facebook of him with his own firearm with the caption "Shall not be infringed."

Dick move.

"Asshole" was my mother's comment during the text convo we were having.

We already have an officer in each school of the district. They have guns on them. L shouldn't have done that post when there's officers who decided with the school board that school should be closed down.

L, stop being a dick.

And now, with the bombs sent to the powerful liberal images in our country, L believes that was actually humorous.

It fucking isn't.

I can't believe he would think something like killing someone was funny.

This dude pisses me off. I hope he is not elected for the school board this November or I'm going to lose my shit.