Blunt Requests

I'd just like to ask, how many of you guys get messages like this?

It's messages like this that peeve me off... -.-*

I understand that some people like to spread the word of their books, and I do that as well. But with how this person just blatantly put it in my inbox like this is considered rude in my opinion.

If you want someone to read your book, try to strike up a conversation with them first before you ask them to read your book.

And WHEN you ask them, do it in a kind and more of as an offer instead of asking them too. 

Just going, "Hey! Could you check out ------, please?" is very rude in my opinion. You should put more consideration into it, and a please doesn't make it sweeter, it really just sounds like you're needy for attention.

Approach me with saying something along the lines of this:

(please note I prefer conversation before a request) "That's awesome! If you don't mind, I have a story called ------ and would love to hear your thoughts on it. Would you be willing to read it? It's about..."

That's a lot better of a way to go about it. I'm tired of people inboxing me links to their books and likewise. It's just plain rude and an easy way for you to get blocked by me.

Vote if you've ever experienced annoyances like these.