Bullying and its effects

I am really pushing these rants out, aren't I?

Okay, but onto this subject focus...

I've been a victim of bullying. It started for me when I was seven and has continued on to this day (I'm currently 22, turning 23 in January once 2022 is here).

The bullying started in grade school and only got worse in middle school and high school. The bullying from this area of my life has traumatized me as it has now permanently given me depression, anxiety, self-esteem problems, and body issues.

People bullied/harassed, and even s*xually harassed me in college, and even some at my current job (plus abuse from customers). This has also affected me greatly.

Now why do I bring this all up?

Well, my job actually hired one of the people who emotionally traumatized me in high school. And she's in my department. It caused me a panic attack.

Again.

A panic attack.

Bullying causes PTSD, along with other mental health problems I haven't mentioned either.

SO today, I'm bringing two points to you.

First off, do not romanticize bullies in your books. If I see more of those "falling in love with the bully" stories, it will make me physically ill.

Those who write those are disgusting and don't realize how damaging bullies actually are to one's mental health.

Also in this section, never EVER make bullying seem like it's okay in your stories. It never is and should be taken seriously.

If you're gonna write about bullying, make it real and show the damage it does.

Secondly...

If you're harassing people and trying to harm them on here (even if you think joking about them is funny, it can damage them greatly) then get off. 

If I see you bullying, I will report you.

Any harassment and bullying on this site aren't tolerated by the Wattpad staff, but those of us who've been through the trauma ourselves will report you. We don't want others to suffer just like we do.

If you see ANYONE bullying/making fun of someone, report it. 

Do not let it slide.

Bystanders who do nothing are part of the problem when it comes to bullying as well.

^And this is a major reason for my issues. No one would report bullies or stand up to them to protect me.

If you see trouble, report it. If you feel safe enough confronting the person, then do so, but always ALWAYS report any bullying or harassment you see.

This part is probably one of the most important parts I will ever write. Bullying and harassment are serious issues and have led to numerous deaths. 

This stuff has to be taken more seriously.