|2| hands matter

Another ordinary evening at the heart of Singapore where everyone rushed out from work; train stations that was bustling with people every minute, lines of cars building up on the roads, bars and restaurants started to fill with people who wanted to hangout.

It was the same scenario at Lulu's lounge, a modern yet retro ambience with it's 70's New York atmosphere located at the Pan Pacific Hotel.

A lady wearing her blush botton-down long sleeved top tucked in her black trousers, obviously just got out from work, was sitting at the cocktail bar sipping her Whisky Pucker Up, enjoying the subtle jazz music playing in the background.

She was supposed to meet her best friend Daphne at 9 pm at this bar, but looking at her watch, she bet her always-late-bestfriend will once again be thirty minutes late

She was totally oblivious to a number of men who has been eyeing her since she arrived but they kept their distance for they were observing whether she has company.

She was about to have another glass when she finally heard a familiar familiar voice that resonated louder than the acoustics in the bar, "Oh hi, Kevin! Nice to see you here." After hearing those words, she could only think of one person bold enough to say these words out loud.

"Well, my friend is finally here. Add another glass for my friend please, Thank you!" She instructed the bartender with rolled eyes which the latter obliged as the girls were considered regulars there.

She looked past her shoulders to see where her friend is. "Look at this girl. I was the one who invited her yet she even greeted another person before me." She tapped her fingers on the table. But when the lady in the counter cleared her throat loud enough for people to hear, it signaled the other lady that she had to escape from that "Kevin".

When their eyes met, it was as if the lady who just entered saw the light.

"Sorry, but someone is already impatient. See those eyes? That's my friend over there and she looked bored already. We haven't seen each other for a year. Let's just catch up some other time, okay? Bye." She then sprinted in her heels attracting unwanted attention towards the spot where she is headed. She took the seat beside the girl who was lazily sipping her drinks.

Daphne was wearing a black bodycon dress that perfectly accentuates her figure. She really did come prepared while Kei on the other hand stuck to her usual corporate outfit but with a more laid-back style. Then Kei looked at her watch and saw that this lady beside her exactly arrived at 9:30 in the evening.

"Wow, an Omega Constellation, watch and LV Speedy in Empreinte leather! Both pretty!" Daphne wanted to praise her because she knows that Kei would surely nag at her for being late again when in fact it was her who set this date and time for them. She then gulped her Martini as if fully unaware of the time she waited for her.

"I had a meeting earlier. Besides, it's an investment plus a part of self-branding, you know..." Kei muttered nonchalantly. Daphne listened attentively and acted surprised even if they actually bought it together when they went to Seoul.

"And besides don't you dare change the topic. You made me wait here for 30 minutes. How could you? If you arrived later than this I already have left." Kei snorted as if trying her hardest not to smile but just opted to sip her martini.

"I know you missed me, so you won't. And duh! As if you can't handle these..." Daphne then changed her tone in a hushed voice as she leaned closer to whisper and Kei immediately leaned her ears closer to listen intently to what she was about to say.

"...these hunk-looking guys over there. Oh, the night is still young and we are surrounded with these masterpieces..." Daphne commented naughtily while they roamed their eyes for some sightseeing.

Truth to be told, there are a lot of young, rich, and handsome men around with different nationalities.

"But I bet these guys cannot even fix their busted light bulbs on their own because of how their hands look. Well, that's just based on my observation." Daphne giggled with her remark and continued sipping her glass.

After hearing that comment, Kei almost choked from her drink and controlled herself from spilling it. After pulling herself together, she replied mischievously, "I was about to say the same thing. And by the looks of it, it seems like we know how to hold hammers and drills better than them." She then smirked and continued drinking.

Kei is an architect and Daphne on the other hand is an engineer by profession, so they surely know bolts and nuts, hammer and drills.

"Don't worry, there are a lot of fishes in the sea and I don't intend to swim here, not tonight. So no worries." Kei added then winked at her best friend.

The two pretty ladies burst into laughter but when they noticed that all eyes were on them, they then stared at each other and instantly reverted back to their formal selves while trying to control a giggle from coming out.

One of the things, why they are best friends, was because... in terms of their standards with men, they both agreed that "hands matter" in all aspects of functionalities, not just aesthetics, both literally and figuratively in the broadest sense of the word.