|3| the promotion

"I saw the new campaign ad of TBC. Oh, I love your pose, you looked extremely respectable and uhm....elegant?" Daphne giggled at her comment then looked at the lady beside her who was staring blankly at the glass.

Kei was recently assigned to be the face of TBC or The Builder's Co in their social media platforms.

"Just to update you, babe, whom I really haven't seen for a 'year' because it took you a 'year' till you reached here..."

"Yah! You know that's just a white lie. Luckily, Kevin didn't know that we share the same place and he bought my excuse." Daphne then heaved a sigh of relief and asked for a refill. She then looked at Kei and continued asking.

"Wait, wait, wait. Going back. What's next? Did you finally bag that big project in Dubai? Is this a celebration?" Daphne asked with anticipation and excitement in her eyes.

"I got promoted..." Kei declared as she played her fingers on her glass while staring at them intently like she was not announcing a milestone in her career.

"Wah! Omg, I knew it! I really dressed perfectly for the occasion!" Daphne shrieked out of excitement. "Give us a harder one, please. Did you hear that? My friend got promoted. Can you make it extra special?", she instructed the bartender happily.

"Babe, I'm so proud of you. Come on, order anything you want. The bill is on me." Daphne exclaimed with happiness in her eyes.

"So what's the next big project for my multi-million dollar Architect?" Daphne asked curiously with wide eyes.

Kei gulped her drink in one go and blurted.

"I'll be assigned to Cebu!"

"WHAT?!" Daphne shrieked in disbelief. But as she looked at her bestfriend, Kei just gave her the I-know-bestie-I-know face.

 But as she looked at her bestfriend, Kei just gave her the I-know-bestie-I-know face