[17] Don

After eating, they drove to Bai Hotel where Kei will be staying, temporarily.

The two talked casually along the way.

Kei even connected her phone to the car to play the music she likes, as Donato suggested.

They never thought that they also share the same type of music. As they were enjoying the acoustics, Kei started to ask about the different tourism destinations Cebu has to offer. And Donato started with the basics such as the must go to places within the City.

They finally arrived at the lobby of Bai Hotel, and Donato helped Kei unload her luggage and even brought it to the lobby. He also asked for Kei's reservation from the receptionist and made sure that she's well taken care of.

After making sure that everything is set, he once again fixed the bridge of his shades to completely cover his eyes and spoke.

"I'll get going, Kei." He made his salute to bid his farewell.

Kei giggled at the gesture and replied with a smile, "Thanks again, Donato. Drive safely." and waved him goodbye.

They have now reached the first name basis.

"Aye, aye." He then walked to his car casually and hopped in.

As he was about to change the gear from park to drive, he heard a knock on the window.

He was expecting the security guard or the hotel staff because maybe, he parked longer than he should. But to his surprise, it was Kei so he lowered the window.

"Yes? Did you forget something?" He asked worriedly and even checked the back seat if she left something. When he found none,

"The back seats are clean..." but he was cut off when he looked at her and saw Kei offering her hand.

"I forgot... Friends?" Kei said. He stared at her and her hand with a questioning gaze.

"Come on, you are my first friend here in Cebu. Let's be friends formally." Kei insisted as she made her signature gummy smile.

"Friends." He shook his hands with hers with a smile.

"Let's meet again. Okidoks, Don?"

"Don?" He asked in confusion.

"Donato is too long." Kei giggled.

"Oh...okay then. See you around, Kei. I'll get going..." Then he waved goodbye and stepped on the gas.

"How does an awful name sound much better when she mentioned it?" Don asked himself incredulously as he was waiting for the red light to turn green.