|70| honest

Jiro swallowed hard upon hearing her bold statement. After regaining his senses, "Are you always this honest?" Jiro stared at her deeply.

"I try to be as honest as possible. Life is already complicated, so I don't want to complicate things more. If I like something, I hate something, or if this is commendable or if it needs improvement... I'll say it. I just felt like things will come together if say it out in the open." She then heaved a deep sigh, and continued,

"The person will immediately know what to do. No time wasted on guessing and less misunderstanding. I actually believe that no one is born a psychic, that is why if I want to be understood, I need to say it for the person to know what I feel or mean." She then stared at him intently.

"But don't you think, some things are better left unsaid for the time being?" Jiro rebutted which led Kei to crease her brows, giving him the "please elaborate look".

"Don't get me wrong, I also want honesty and being open about what's inside the mind, but don't you think some people might not be ready to hear the bold truth? I mean, sometimes, concealing would be the best solution to a win-win situation? What if the other person is not yet ready to hear the truth, and you might just ruin a good relationship because of your honesty." Jiro declared as he looked at her with estimating eyes.

"But will the relationship be worth it, when you know for a fact that you are hiding something behind his or her back? For me, if you can't be honest in small things then what more can I expect with bigger things, right?" Kei insisted as she continued to stare at him.

'"But will there still be a relationship if you already ruined it by saying things you aren't sure if the other person can handle?" Jiro replied with an equal gaze.

They both stared deeply at each other, trying to predict what each other's move will be next. Kei then decided to break the momentary silence.

"It's not what you said, but how you said it that matters." Kei declared as she looked away from his gaze.

"Finally, something we both agree with." Jiro agreed happily. "Well, in my profession, even if the truth may hurt, I have to try to deliver the message to my patients in such a way that they don't dwell on it so much, but more on what should be done next, at least," Jiro replied as he stood up and stretched his legs.

Kei smiled proudly at how their conservation went - revealing their principles and values in an argument is new to her.

"I'm glad we're on the same page with this." She mumbled as she changed to an Indian sit. After then, silence engulfed them both.

"Kei..." Jiro broke the silence moments after.

"Hmmm?" encouraging Jiro to proceed. "Since we're talking about honesty and you've always been honest with me... I think you also deserve the same... from me." he gently scratched his temple while looking in her direction.

He paused for a while. "I'll have something to confess..."

"Wait up! As much as I don't like to interrupt you at this crucial moment but... I think we have to go back first and prepare for dinner. It's getting dark already. Let's just save it after dinner, okay?" Kei then looked towards the other campers below, trying to escape from Jiro's gaze.

"O-okay." Jiro sighed.

He then offered his hand to Kei which the latter willingly accepted. He led the way and Kei followed suit. Since it's getting dark now, Jiro carefully assisted her in going down while holding her hand.

After arriving on even ground, Kei then detached from his hand then sprinted ahead, leaving Jiro perplexed

---