[27] bento

Later that afternoon, Jiro is currently reviewing a case study about a patient last week who has undergone valve replacement. He was glued to his laptop and he failed to notice that someone already sat beside him.

"Hay, two operations done." Dean reclined on the swivel chair next to Jiro and closed his eyes.

"On time?" Jiro asked while his eyes were still on the screen.

"Hernia surgery is right on schedule. For the laparoscopic appendectomy, we got delayed for a couple of minutes but everything was within my control. But now I'm hungry!" Dean then stood up and stretched his arms then approached his locker to look for ready-to-eat food but he couldn't find any. So he went back to the main table and found a bento box on the other small table.

Dean's eyes immediately widened at the sight of the food and started to devour the food in front of him.

Jiro continued to work with his laptop while Dean was happily eating the food. The room was filled with the sound of the mouse clicking or keyboard as he typed. Jiro was totally immersed in the case, not until he heard someone munching loud enough for him to hear, so he looked back and saw Dean crunching the shrimp tempura from the bento box.

"Dude, food is really delicious especially when it's free," Dean commented as he continued to put the sushi on his mouth even if it's still full.

"Donato! That's my lunch!" Jiro exclaimed in panic as he saw how happy Dean was eating Kei's food for him. Fortunately, he already kept the note, or else he would again be a recipient of his teasing big time.

"You're not eating it. I thought you don't like it. It's not good to waste food when it is this delicious." Dean was about to swallow another sushi when Jiro snatched the bento box away from him and immediately swallowed the shrimp tempura to his mouth.

"I'm just busy but I am eating this." Jiro hungrily ate all the remaining food inside the bento box to Dean's surprise. The latter then crossed his arms in front of his chest and couldn't believe what he was seeing. Jiro was eating everything in haste as if he did not eat for a week.

This was actually a first because Jiro is a fan of chewing the food properly to have proper digestion, but by the looks of it now, he could probably have indigestion any minute because of the pace he is eating

Dean could only give him a bottle of water in case he chokes from his eating.

"Bro, relax, are you even chewing it? I won't eat that anymore. After you finish that, let's go down and eat properly." Dean chuckled at seeing his best friend.

Jiro practically enjoyed the food he was eating but was not totally full because Dean almost ate half of his lunch. So he wanted to have his tummy full so he decided to join Dean for their round two.

When they went outside, Dean then instructed Janina who was encoding something.

"Next time, if Jiro orders food, kindly include me in the headcount, okay?"

Ja, short for Janina, laughed and said, "Sure, Doc."

"Hey, you have Joy. Why don't you just ask her to buy you food?" Jiro rebutted as he checked his wallet in his back pocket.

"They say, food tastes better if it's free. Why don't we do it like this? I'll treat you and you'll treat me?" Dean suggested happily.

"Oh, that's true, Doc Dean. I had a good lunch earlier too, thanks to that someone who sent the food." Ja replied meaningfully.

"The food was sent here by someone?" Dean replied surprisingly.

"Yes, doc. Food of gratitude." Ja smiled mischievously.

"Woah, looks like you saved someone from death again huh?" Dean tapped Jiro's shoulder as he looked at the guy beside him proudly.

They personally opted not to receive luxury or material gifts from any patient but it's hard to decline food.

"I'll go ahead if you still want to chit chat here you know." Jiro sprinted to the elevator practically trying to avoid Jan from divulging about the note he received earlier, which was already safe on his drawer.