[99] first things first

Kei woke up early that morning feeling slightly anxious. She did not know why but she felt like her heart seemed uncomfortable.

She then dialed Daphne's number to check on her and when the latter picked up she was relieved that she was fine.

"Is it because of Monday? Monday blues?"

After moments of staring at the wall trying to pacify her heartbeat, she finally decided to get out of bed and shower.

"Ugh! Whatever it is, come what may. Another work week ahead." She took her towel and headed to the bathroom.

And when she got out, she realized the reason for the slightly anxious feeling.
___________________________

Kei opened the door absentmindedly and greeted Nana in a low voice. "Na, good morni--."

Only to see her Nana having coffee time with an early bird guest at 6 o'clock AM.

She was happily sipping it while the guest was showing him his phone, "Na, we could visit this restaurant if you want seafood. Their food is amazing and I can guarantee that they are fresh because my dad supplies all the seafood on their menu." He was all smiles and looked proud as he was sitting beside her.

They had their backs facing Kei, so they did not notice her come out. Only when Kei coughed hard, did they notice that she was there,

"Good morning, hija." Nana paid her no mind and continued talking with her visitor.

"Jiro Young, you did not tell me you were coming and I didn't expect you to be here this early. I could have prepared myself more appropriately." She was slightly embarrassed at her just woke-up face but she realized Jiro had already seen her in that state and only then did she calm down and sit in front of them.

"I came for Nana, not for you. So you proceed with your rituals as if I'm not here." He dismissed her and then continued to talk to her grandma. "We can go to the hospital together to save diesel too." He uttered without glancing at her.

"Okay, okay." She then went back to her room to get her towel. Kei was about to walk out of the room when she remembered that Jiro is here, so she went back to get her outfit for work.

The thing is, the house where Nana is currently staying only has one bathroom and since it is for common use, it is located near the kitchen - a typical Filipino house layout.

Kei was used to just wrapping herself in the towel or a bathrobe after showering but now that he is here, she must change into her outfit in the bathroom.

Once inside the bathroom, she then started to undress. While she was unbuttoning her top, only then did Kei realize why she was feeling embarrassed earlier. Her face isn't the problem. She didn't wear a bra!

"Oh my goodness! I even sat down in front of him." She could only scold herself as she hit her head in embarrassment. "He didn't seem to notice right? He's busy talking with Nana?" Kei tried recalling what happened earlier.

"Okay, calm down, Kei. Thank God you are wearing loose-printed jammies. It wasn't that obvious." She consoled herself. "And thank God he's my boyfriend now." Then a smile finally formed on her lips. Kei then proceeded to take a bath.

The people in the dining were oblivious to Kei's predicament as they were still busy talking. Nana may seem amiable and accommodating but she's observing Jiro - his mannerisms, body language if his polo is neat and his fingertips.

Jiro, on the other hand, may look calm but he's cautious too. Who wouldn't? Nana received him casually and did not even ask questions like how they started and when. Of course, who didn't want to get the approval of the closest person to her girlfriend? But silence is actually scarier.

Kei walked out of the bathroom wearing a blue polo shirt and white pants. She didn't have an executive meeting today and no work on the site, so she decided to just wear casual.

Nana noticed that Kei made some adjustments to her bath routine and was just smiling at her cautious granddaughter but was actually observing the interaction between the two.

Soon enough, the couple finally headed for work. Nana Lorns sent them off.

"Elise, bring some of these Budbud Kabug and Pintos that Jiro brought. You can eat it along the way."

Nana was actually impressed that even if Jiro came as early as 6:00 am, he didn't forget to bring goodies for her. She didn't forget to mention it to Kei, indicating that Jiro received a few plus points on her.

Nana then got a book and sat on the sofa.

"This Doc Jiro isn't bad. At least he knows how to get my approval... I hope he could handle Elise, knowing how independent that girl is." Nana thought and shook her head with a smile.