|79| hot seat and hot choco

"...If you're not dating randomly, how come you openly expressed your feelings to me?"

"FYI, Mr. Young. I'm not regretting that I confessed to you but I won't say it again if you're just going to laugh at me for the nth time. My courageous self doesn't deserve it. Duh!" Then rolled her eyes on him.

"Okay, I'm sorry about that." He received another eye roll. "This was actually the first time I ever received such a bold confession from someone. I mean, yes I have received confessions in the past but it's not like they seriously meant it openly. But why me?"

"Why you? I don't know either. Maybe because you are handsome?" Kei said truthfully then laughed real hard.

"Oh come on, Keira. You've met more handsome guys out there. I'm so out of your league."

"Hmmm, I think, you'd understand me on this. There are good-looking people that are just good looking but you won't find them interesting enough for your attention, right? It's not about the person but you just felt like something just sparks? In your case, I'm not intimidated by you. Even if I felt attracted to you, it's not the kind of attraction that requires me to please you. I could be myself freely, and it just depends on you if you like me or you hate me for that. It's hard to explain. But something like that." Kei declared honestly.

"Oh, and maybe because I think we're on the same wavelength?" She then looked at him. "How about you? Why are you so patient with me? Don't you find me bothersome?"

"Keira, you know that I'm a doctor and I'm good with patients." Jiro joked. These two really know how to play with words.

"Ha-ha-ha. That's funny." Kei faked a laugh with sarcasm then made a face on him.

"Well, modesty aside, you're not making it hard for me. If I'll assess you as my junior in this whole trip, I would say that you are good and would only require minimal supervision." Jiro looked at the chocolate drink inside his mug as he said those words sincerely. Kei on the other hand, looked at him too as she listened earnestly.

"For the bothersome part, you're actually not. I can't remember when was the last time I felt it or if this is the first time, that someone confessed to me without making me feel like I was obligated to reciprocate it. And as you've said, I always laugh at you so it means I find you fun to be with rather than bothersome..."

This time, Kei decided to have a sip on her already empty cup to hide her smile. But he's not done yet, "I only have to prepare myself for your intentional puns." Kei made a face on him once more but they both laughed in the end.

"After knowing your story, I honestly think that you are braver than me." He declared boldly.

She suddenly choked with her drink. She then wiped the spilled water and asked, "Me? Brave? How come?"

"Well, not everyone can have the guts to go to a foreign place, while carrying a huge task while working with colleagues you need but you just met. I admire your adaptability to work outside your comfort zone." He said with amazement.

After sensing Jiro's downtrodden self, Kei replied simply, "Bravery has different forms, Ji. Not everyone can uphold a composed demeanor under pressure, and you do that every single day. For me, that is another form of bravery. I chose my risks but you simply had no choice but to keep going." she then looked at him with gentleness in her eyes.

Their eyes were glued intently at each other after they have bared all their worries with each other. At that moment something stirred inside Jiro. He could clearly see her delicate face and he was mesmerized by the sight. They just stared at each other like some magnet kept them hooked.