|42| one more seat

The team finished packing up except for Kei. She thought they were done, not until Dave said that they still need to encode the copy of the prescriptions received by the patients and she still needs to transfer the files from her laptop to the hard drive.

It was 5:16 pm to be exact. Mrs. Janet, a volunteer in her 40s, is now calling her saying it's time to leave. But the rendering of files is still at 70%.

"Uhm, guys you can go ahead, I still have to submit these files to the hospital then I can catch up with you later." Kei declared while looking at Mary who was waiting for her together with the other nurses. She did not want anyone to wait for her.

"Are you sure you can make it to the resort alone?" Mary asked worriedly. She wanted to wait for her but she still needs to attend an online meeting once she reaches the resort with the Chairman.

"Don't worry, I can manage." Kei winked at her in assurance.

"Mary, I'll make sure to drop Kei at the resort safely later." Dave exclaimed while his hands were in his pockets with his reassuring voice.

And it seems that it was the best option available, they were all waiting for Kei's response and she didn't want to cause any inconvenience further. She knows that everyone is already tired.

Kei was about to agree when they heard someone clear his throat and say, "One person could still fit in my car. Besides, we both are staying there, so Dave it's much less of a hustle on your part. You also need to rest, I'll be the one to wait for Kei."

It was Jiro. Then he sat silently at the monoblock at a distance and spoke no further.

He was silent and cold. His eyes were hidden and he never dared to look at anyone. He just spoke literally to the floor when he made his announcements.

Everyone did not mind Doc Young's statements as they were all ready to leave, except for Kei.

Dave followed Jiro's instructions after submitting Kei's files to the hospital and bid them farewell. Jiro just acknowledged Dave's farewell with a nod but spoke no further. There came a deafening silence while Kei was packing her things.