|66| precautionary measures

Upon entrance, Kei can't help but be lost in trance. It's doesn't look like a parish actually, it's like a castle, even bigger than the ones in Disneyland.

Kei regained her composure when the guard asked her to step aside for a while and wear a cloth to cover her legs as she was wearing shorts

Jiro apologized to Kei for he did not consider the inconvenience but she just replied, "Nah, it's a small thing."

After Kei successfully covered her legs with the makeshift skirt, they now climbed the stairs going to the main church.

"Woah. This is like a real stairway to heaven." Jiro heard her commented.

"It's a tradition here that if you'll pass by Sibonga, you add Simala on your trip. They believe that this is miraculous and to ask for guidance on their trip." He started to explain.

"It's my first time here too. They believed that if it is your first time visiting a church, you offer a candle and make a wish, it will come true." Kei added as she learned that from her Nana when she was still young. Nana Lorns likes to have pilgrimages in different churches and she usually tags her along.

The both intently prayed after lighting a candle in the designated area. And since Jiro came in first, so he also finished first.

He waited for Kei near the exit. After five minutes, Kei arrived at the designated exit and saw Jiro near the door.

"It seems that you prayed for a lot of things, I suppose?" Jiro commented once she came near him.

"Of course. I even included you in it."

"And what prayer is that?" He asked curiously.

But Kei answered him with, "secret. Let's go."

While trailing towards their parked car,

"I think we'll arrive there at 11am. The hike will only take 45 mins. So I think, we still have a lot of time for another stopover rather than hike at 12 noon and set up with that heat."

"So... What do you suggest?" Kei replied casually. She came to this trip with "just go with the flow" mindset anyways.

"Since we already took a detour, do you want to make some side trips along the way?" Jiro suggested.

"That is something I wouldn't refuse!" She answered happily.

"You trust me this much, huh?"

"I've taken precautionary measures though..."

"Like?"

Then Kei showed the screen of her phone, revealing what she posted online.

"Don't mind Daphne though

"Don't mind Daphne though." Kei said. "So if you're thinking of doing something to me, think twice."

Jiro could only shake his head in disbelief.