|98|

"Jollibee or Mcdo?"

"Jollibee!"

Then Jiro turned left to Jollibee's drive-thru.

"Two bacon cheeseburger meals with fries and drinks, please

"Two bacon cheeseburger meals with fries and drinks, please. Regular coke... Yes, that's all. Thank you."

After saying their order, they proceeded to the next window for payment. Jiro was getting his wallet when Kei handed over a 500 peso bill to the cashier.

"My treat. You waited for me and I'm having a free ride going home. Quits." Kei declared

"It's our first mini-date. I should pay for it." Jiro argued as he get their order.

"What time are we in? 80s? 90s? Jiro, in today's time, give and take is more practical. You have work. I also have mine. So let's make it clear as early as day 1. We'll be splitting the expenses whenever we date. If you insist that it is you who will always have to pay our dates, then let's not date any---"

Kei was shut off when Jiro put fries in her mouth.

"You have a lot to say." Jiro mimicked her words earlier. "Okay, Ma'am. Noted. I won't disagree. I didn't suffer any loss anyways. Thanks for that consideration."

"I just don't want to feel like I've dated someone so I could get free lunches, free dinners... As if I dated a sugar daddy."

"Sugardaddy? Do I look like one? What if I just want to treat you?"

"Of course not. But kidding aside. I just don't want to feel like I'm a freeloader. Let's apply give-and-take in all aspects of our relationship, not just in some areas that it's convenient."

"You really are something."

"At least you know what you're getting yourself into and what to expect."

"Fine, fine, let's find a place to eat. I am starving." Jiro laughed and drove ahead.

They parked the car so Jiro could eat to his heart's content.

"Don't you think this is like Deja Vu?" Kei suddenly commented while Jiro was busy munching his burger. "When I arrived here, you also picked me up. You also asked if I'm hungry then we ate too..."

Jiro took a sip before adding, "And now, I picked you up again. This time, we're not just strangers anymore. Just how fast the night changes~~" Jiro sang then took another bite.

"If someone would ask me, I'll say it's 'like at first dance'."

"Keiraaaaaaaa! Don't bring it up anymore."

"But why? I won't forget your Macarena dance. Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena." Then Kei mimicked the dance steps while sitting and laughed. "Too bad I was too stunned, wasn't able to take a video for remembrance."

"No picture, no evidence. Pretend that it didn't happen."

"Then let's take a photo then for receipts, more often. So you won't deny that it happened. Kei then grabbed her phone. "Smile."

"My mouth is still full."

"There! First date. First kiss. What a first day." Kei showed him their photo. "Sealed with a kiss. Taken with a pic."

"I'll drive you home. It's getting late. We both have work tomorrow. Nana's place or to your condo?"

"Nana's. I'll just commute to work tomorrow."

"Copy, ma'am." Then Jiro drove to where her Nana is currently staying.

Her trip to Singapore was spontaneous, she's supposed to tour Nana around over the weekend. But when she told her about Dee's case, Nana even pushed her to visit her and said that she'll be fine.

Nana is doing well in Cebu. Her friend introduced her to her group of their age, all of them are retirees, enjoying their remaining years.

When Jiro parked the car on the sides, "No need for you to go down. You might be driving to see your Dad too and it's already late."

"But I want to greet your Nana..."

"She might be asleep already. Aren't you tired?"

"Okay. Just... Don't tell her yet that we are already a couple. I want to properly introduce myself this time." Jiro said.

"Okay, okay. See you around, babe. Drive safely." Kei then opened the door.

"Rest well... babe" Jiro replied before she closed the door. But Jiro rolled down the window.

"Thanks for today." Kei sincerely said.

"Just thank you?"

"You already had your quota for the day. You have to earn points to redeem it." Kei jokingly said that made Jiro chuckle. "Go now. Or I'll have you stay here?"

"Keira Elise!" Jiro exclaimed. "I'm going." Then he beeped and made Kei widen her eyes.

"This guy. He said I should keep things about us for a while yet beeped? Nana's sleep might get disturbed and she'll be interrogated." Kei thought as she stared at the black Ranger speeding up.

The moment Kei walked to the door, her tiredness spread through her whole body. It was a tiring day, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

But that didn't stop a smile from forming on her lips. She's tired but she's happy.

"You did well today, self," Kei murmured to herself before closing her eyes to sleep.

It was a productive weekend for her; She's done with her presentation for next week, she did her part as a friend to Daphne, and she spent time as a girlfriend which she didn't expect to be added to her list of roles anytime soon, and now, as a good granddaughter, it's time for Nana.

The thing about being an adult is as we age, the roles and responsibilities that we have to fulfill are also increasing which seems overwhelming.

That's life. We have to juggle everything all at once.

A lot of things seem out of our control, but there's something that we have absolute control of - ourselves. So let's all be kind to ourselves first and foremost.

 So let's all be kind to ourselves first and foremost