|4| the boys

[In another part of the world]

📍Osmeña, Cebu

On an island in the south-central Philippines, in Mantalongon, Dalaguete, Cebu to be exact, hikers and campers who wanted to conquer Cebu's highest peak are now gathered at the foot of the rugged hills

The sun is shining brightly in the sky and clouds are not in sight. The chilly weather has started to kick-off in Cebu and this is the best time to officially go camping at the Osmeña peak.

Families, colleagues, and even foreigners wanted to reach the top and go camping to see the beautiful sunrise and sunset on top plus the pristine beaches of the area. It is renowned for its breathtaking 360-degree view of lush green mountainous surroundings and the panoramic view of the sea as well.

The trail might be tiring but the view would be worth the effort. Like many other adventurers, two gentlemen in their 30's are about to conquer the same trek. They brought with them their camping paraphernalia for they intend to spend the night at the Osmena peak as well.

The peak is famous for hikers and campers not only in Cebu but to foreigners as well.

Two men bought fresh food at the market nearby before finally heading to their destination. You could see other travelers walk with you as you hike with the same goal so you could instantly have acquaintances along the way.

"Brod, have you considered the offer for the fellowship in Umbrella in addition to Cebu General Hospital's?" Asked a young man in his thirties wearing blue sporty shades. He wore a white inverted cap, with a black muscle tee matched with red shorts and dirty white rubber shoes.

He was drinking from his water bottle as he turned to the man walking alongside him. He had a fair complexion with hard-toned muscles. With a dimple that complimented his toothpaste-cf-worthy-smile, this man surely did make a lot of girls swoon.

While wiping his sweat with the back of his right hand, the man beside him responded, "Well, it's a good offer. And with their reputation, I might actually land the scholarship I want to apply for abroad. So yeah, I think I am. How about you?" He was wearing a black inverted cap, a loose blue shirt with red athletic shorts, and black rubber shoes.

The man in blue did not pale in comparison to the guy beside him. He also was a man with a lot of great physical attributes. He has a lean body with dark hair and a tan as well. The way his hair was styled, parted to the side, with dark brows and long lashes, with deep-seated eyes, this guy surely has a long line of admirers as well.

"My mom wanted me to have my fellowship with the same hospital they are currently working at. But geez, my parents being my superior doesn't really sound like good news. So I guess, I have to go with you to Umbrella as well." The guy in black responded. He's from a family of doctors, his Mom is an OB-Gyne while his Dad is a neurologist.

"You just don't want her pestering you for her wedding matchmaking with her juniors that's why you'd rather hide here than go there for greater opportunities."

"Hey, Jiro, I have this gut feeling that I couldn't really get. I don't know, it just feels like something is about to happen real soon that I shouldn't miss out on. And besides, there's no Osmeña peak there, and my life has always been here, so Singapore can wait for now." He smiled in mischief as they continued to trek up to the peak of the mountain.

"What could that something possibly mean? Dean never failed with his gut feeling, ever... I wonder what's about to come or is it just the Architect whom people had been talking about?" Jiro smiled with the thought. No one really knew what's on his mind as of the moment, as he continued to trekk.

 No one really knew what's on his mind as of the moment, as he continued to trekk

"Why do we always choose this hard trail?" Dean ranted after posting a tweet.

"Challenge plus exercise", Jiro smirked.

"Fine, I'll just think that this is to gear up for our busy years ahead. CGH, UMC... Oh damn! You'll also teach this semester, right?"

"Yes, as an assistant professor," Jiro answered as he heaved a sigh.

"Don't tell me you have plans to be like the Chairman? Still enjoying his 'bachelor' life at 40s... Anyway, your girls would be happy that you are still in the market."

"As if we still have time for girls?" Jiro replied stating a fact Dean acknowledged with a nod.

"How could you have time if you have a lot on your plate? When you have money and looks, but you don't have time. Tsk. We reached the point wherein we are here, trekking, rather than going to bars on our day off. Gone are the days...?" Dean remarked with disappointment as he acknowledged that they are now true "adults".

"We are just adulting," Jiro answered truthfully. "But if I really would want to date, I could make time", Jiro replied casually.

"That's mah boy, dude! And since I joined you with your trekking, you must also join me in looking for someone to Netflix and chill." Dean laughed as it's been a while since the two of them trekked with their respective girlfriends.

"I'll check my schedule." Jiro rebutted curtly as if dismissing the idea.

"Hep hep hep! Remember our bet?" Dean smiled as his eyebrows went up and down.

Jiro suddenly felt cold all over despite the striking heat of the sun.

"Oh oh, I smell danger", he whispered to himself.

---