|85|

When Kei got inside her unit, her Nana was already fixing the bags that were left just beside the door as she was in a hurry earlier

When Kei got inside her unit, her Nana was already fixing the bags that were left just beside the door as she was in a hurry earlier. She led her Nana to sit on the couch.

"Na, just leave that. I'll arrange it later. You can rest now on the bed, I'll sleep here on the couch..." Kei said then laid down on the couch childishly while her head is on Nana's lap. This is home, Kei thought.

"Are you okay?" Nana then instinctively started to caress Kei's hair, just like old times.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I? I'm just tired, Na. Did I tell you that I went camping last night?"

"Elise, I've heard everything. Do you wish to tell me more?" Nana started while looking at her granddaughter gently. Kei confused, looked at her Nana. What did she hear? Jiro's "silence doesn't always mean no”? She whispered in her thoughts.

Nana Lorns heaved a deep sigh then uttered, "I told you before to never push yourself into someone else's existence. I think Doc Jiro is a good man but if he doesn't like you, then there are a lot of fish in the sea."

Kei's smile instantly vanished when she heard Nana Lorns remark. She was silent and couldn't refute what she said. She could understand where she is coming from for she knows that her Nana wanted her to be happy. She probably heard what they were talking about inside the car as she knows that Nana Lorns is a light sleeper.

After regaining her composure, she responded with a smile, "Na, don't worry. I know what I am doing. Duh! You know my mantra and it still did not change no matter how much I like him. I know my limits. I'll stop if I know that I don't have a chance. Relax!" Kei said confidently as she rubbed Nana Lorn's arms as if coaxing her.

"But earlier, it was already clear that he just saw you as a friend..." Nana Lorns insisted.

Kei then got up and looked at her grandma and mumbled, "That's not what he said before he left..." Kei argued proudly with a mischievous smile.

"Ahh, so there's a continuation? You still talked after?" Nana couldn’t hide the surprise in her tone.

Kei placed her arms on Nana's shoulders and declared, "Of course! You told me to send him off, so we still talked a bit... and he said something interesting. So I guess my efforts weren't wasted. All you need to do is rest now because you had a long flight and let me handle this, okay?" She then leaned her head on her shoulders.