|45| cebuano words

Jiro laughed as if he just heard the most hilarious thing. This girl is really something, he thought as he shook his head in amusement.

After realizing that Jiro thought that she was joking, she joined him in an awkward laugh. She then cleared her throat and uttered, "But seriously, thank you." She positioned herself while facing the driver's seat.

"For?" Jiro asked, wondering what would she say next this time now staring at her.

"For inviting me here, for today. You even granted me a favor of driving here even if I know you are also tired. Also, I've got to experience Cebu with a purpose."

"It's nothing, we're on the same destination anyway. And yeah, I saw you had fun." He smiled.

"Hmm, so you are checking me out huh?" Kei teased. "Oh wait. I've learned Cebuano words today. Listen."

"I'm all ears."

"Naa kay uyab?"

"Pfft." Jiro laughed. When he looked at Kei, the lady beside him was looking as if waiting for an answer. So he laughingly shook his head. "Wa koy uyab pud."

Kei rushed to grab her phone then, "can you say it again? I'm going to record it."

"Why?" Jiro asked amusingly.

"For future purposes, receipts. Who knows... What if someone would suddenly attack me, claiming to be your girlfriend."

Jiro then grabbed Kei's phone, pressed the record button, and said,

"I, Jiro Young, solemnly swear that I don't have a girlfriend, as far as I know at this very moment, at exactly 5:26 pm, February 4."

Kei laughed at what she has witnessed. She was just joking actually, she didn't expect him to ride along. He even raised his right arm, as if taking an oath.

"Okay, next Cebuano words you learned today. Do you have more in store?"

"Hmm, ganahan ko nimo."

Kei blurted earnestly while fidgeting her fingers and bit her lip afterward. She opted not to look at Jiro straight in the eye this time. Even if she's confident, there's still a part of her that's shy.

Or maybe, she's just afraid to see his reaction upfront? She thought.

Kei waited for Jiro's reaction but he was silent, making her worry and curious at the same time.