|95|

"...So take charge."

Jiro's words may have sounded calm and nonchalant but internally, he felt the opposite. His hands were clammy and he could hear his heartbeat. He was now trying his best to control his already uneasy breathing.

Kei may have confirmed her feelings for him earlier but it was not enough to assure him.

Only then did he realize- his feelings for her grew not because she liked him first but it was due to the fact about how he was every time he is with her.

She was never the damsel in distress that needs saving, nor a superwoman that could do everything. With the past weeks with her, every waiting felt shorter and every burden less heavy.

On a one area of a busy OCBC Skyway, two people were internalizing what just transpired on their supposedly ordinary day.

After saying his piece, Kei was silent with shock written all over her face. He now wanted to add the word "joke" to all his declarations to redeem his embarrassment. And when he finally decided to do that, she spoke after what felt like hours of waiting.

"On full throttle then," Kei answered confidently as she nibbled on her bottom lip.

Kei did not expect a bold confession from him this soon. She was silent for a while because all his words rang like a hardly struck bell that made her shiver internally. She could not understand that feeling of being confessed in the way she least expected.

Jiro released a deep sigh as if a ton of something had been lifted off his chest.

"Shall we seal it with a kiss then?" Kei asked almost making him choke. And now all the pressure and the burden came back to him and he looked out for people who might have heard what she said but luckily they were in a secluded area.

"Keira Elise! I never thought you were into a public display of affection." Jiro remarked with a lopsided smile.

"I never thought you are the shy type in public and my God we're in Singapore. People won't mind if it's not their own business." Kei mimicked him and crossed her arms over her chest. "Come on. I'll just close my eyes then since my boyfriend is ehem shy-type." She continued teasing him.

Kei closed her eyes for real while smirking at him. She was just being playful and she was testing how far he'd snap under her spell.

"Come on, babe. You were too close earlier as if you'd kiss me so here--."

Then gentle and warm lips landed... on her cheeks.

"What kind of kiss was that? Am I a friend that you decide to welcome or bid farewell for you to kiss me like that? What era are we living in, Ji?" She asked in disbelief.

"But not here, not now, okay? Maybe later?" He persuaded but unfortunately, Kei did not budge.

"Let's go now. We still have a flight to catch." He dismissed her as he smiled discreetly on the side, wanting to hide the amusement on his face.

Then he sprinted ahead, leaving Kei behind. Kei caught up with him and clung her arm to his, happily.

"Woah! I suddenly felt chills. Should I be scared about what your plans are with me when we're finally alone?" She replied and acted as if she was scared yet excitement and mischief are both visible in her eyes. Jiro could only laugh at her thoughts.

"I won't do something that you won't enjoy and you won't like." He rebutted mischievously too.

"Oh well, I'll look forward to it then." Kei grinned.

"You bet." He then winked as he tucked her in his arms tighter.