|81|

The two arrived in the city at around 6 pm

The two arrived in the city at around 6 pm. Jiro was supposed to drop Kei and her things at the lobby.

But looking at his passenger sleeping soundly on his side, he didn't have the guts to wake her up just yet.

He then decided to just wait for a couple of minutes and just turned the hazard lights on.

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders 🎶

"Hey Jude" was softly playing on the car and Jiro can't help but sing along. The song is now playing randomly. He's now munching some peanuts while waiting for Kei.

But ten minutes later, when he glanced at her again, he became worried about her sleeping position. Her head is already falling on her side, looking really uncomfortable.

"How could she even sleep like this?" He whispered to his head.

There was an urge to tilt her head in a comfortable position but he's hesitating to evade her personal space.

This woman did not feel any amount of discomfort despite her sleeping position and is still sleeping soundly.

But looking at it, he bet that if he won't do anything, she'll have a stiff neck tomorrow.

So after minutes of hesitation, he finally decided to remove his seatbelt and move closer to her then tilted her head to a better position.

With their close proximities, he can't help but to study her face closely too. His hand then naturally moved to sweep a few strands of her hair that was covering her face.

His hand was light as a feather but the contact of his fingertips on Kei's skin made her move a bit.

Jiro retracted his hand and realized what he did. To redeem himself, he just decided to wake her up so he tapped her shoulder lightly.

"Kei..." Then she unconsciously answered hmmm in her sleeping state. "We're here..." Luckily, Kei isn't a heavy sleeper. And the first thing she did was cover her face in embarrassment.

"No need to cover your face. I've already seen it long enough whenever I'm looking at the side mirror. So how's driving? In your dreams?" Jiro commented, containing a laugh.

"Good evening..." Kei could only greet in a muffled voice while closing her eyes as if she'll feel less embarrassed if she does that.

"As much as I don't want to bother your sleep, I have to, so you could continue sleeping in your bed comfortably." He further added calmly.

Then Kei opened her door and started to gather her things. Jiro went out also to help her with them. After unloading everything, he bid his goodbye.

"I'll go ahead."

"Thanks for the trip, Ji. Sorry for falling asleep, I wasn't able to help you." She mumbled apologetically.

"No worries. Sleep is essential and sleep is something that we, adults, lack nowadays. To have a good one is precious." He reminded.

"Drive safely, the crabs are waiting. Say hi to Dad." She smiled

"Dad?" with brows crossed as if controlling a smile.

"You'll go to Carmen, right? Jeez! Just the thought of the seafood is making me hungry. I'll meet them soon." Kei said mischievously.

Jiro could only shake his head then proceeded back to the driver's seat then started driving.