|82|

After leaving the vicinity of Kei's condominium, he pulled the handbrake at the intersection as the stoplight is at red.

In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fuckin' special
But I'm a creep... 🎶

Jiro sang along the radio. Then he glanced at his side mirror and saw a woman standing on the sidewalk, impatiently waiting for a taxi. He was about just to shrug it off when he thought, the shirt was familiar so he lowered down his tinted window to see it clearly.

At the same time, the lady turned her head, now facing his mirror.

"Okay. That's Kei. So what, Jiro? She might grab some food." He nagged himself.

"Or she might see someone?"

"She can still see someone else even after your trip together. Why bother?" He finally argued.

But when he glanced at her again, Kei looked agitated and in a hurry. Far from the Kei, he left a couple of minutes ago.

"What could have happened?" He now sounded worried.

He checked the stoplight and realized he still has 40 seconds left before it turns green. He then grabbed his phone and dialed Kei's number.

Jiro thought that maybe, Kei forgot something in the car.

"Hello?"

"Keira Elise, did you forget something in the car?" He now put her on speakers.

"Ah. No..." Kei answered. Still glancing over the road, waiting for something... or someone.

"Did something come up?" Jiro asked. The light turned green so he had no choice but to drive.

"I'm waiting for a taxi." She replied curtly.

"Aren't you tired? Do you still have the energy to go out? Or are you still dreaming?" Jiro asked amusingly while driving.

"I have to pick up my Nana at the airport. Uhm Ji, I'll drop the call. I need to check Grab. Bye." Then the call ended.

"Oh, okay..." Jiro continued driving. It's none of his business anymore though.

----
Kei, on the other hand, is still standing on the streets. Of all the times that she needed a taxi, there were none. But when she doesn't need them, taxis would even stop at her.

She fell asleep the whole drive, so she wasn't able to check her phone.

Kei was waiting for the elevator when she saw a chat from her Nana that contained a photo of the clouds and "see you."

But she couldn't reach her Nana just yet so she called Chloe about the details. As per her cousin, her Nana planned to surprise her. Nana Lorns flight was 5:45 pm. So she'll probably arrive here in Cebu around 7 pm. It's already 6:30 pm.

She's trying to book a Grab and Uber but there's no available driver nearby. She then decided to wait on the street for a taxi. That's when Jiro called her.

"Tsk. I'll get the company car that they were offering to me tomorrow. No more pleasantries." She decided as she continued to book a ride.

It would be easier if Faye is upstairs since she has a car. But the thing is, she went home to her family this weekend.

She was still busy checking the app when a car stopped in front of her and beeped. Thinking that it was the driver she's been waiting for, she immediately hopped in.

"Kuya, Mactan Airport po. Arrivals." She said while wearing her seatbelt.

"Okay, Ma'am." The driver said.

"Thank God for notici..."

When she looked at her driver, it turned out that it was Jiro.

"What are you doing here?"

"We'll pick up your Nana. Would you mind transferring here in the front seat or you're comfortable there already?"

She instantly transferred seats to the front.

"How about Dad and the crabs?" Kei asked as she buckled up and Jiro drove instantly.

"Papa already knows. The crabs can wait but your Nana should not."

"So it's me over crabs?"

"They said that in times of need, the women, children, and elderly should be the priority. So yes." He answered seriously but smiled immediately after.

Kei chuckled and then started dialing a number. Jiro on the other hand focused on driving. He sped up faster than their pace earlier.

"Wait, you're gonna meet my Nana now? We are not even a couple. Hmm yet, but here you are meeting the most important person in my life. Hay nako, Jiro Young. You really are getting a lot of boyfriend privileges from me. Unfair!" Kei spoke her mind as she looked at him mischievously.