[5] the girls

A/N: Uploading schedule: Every Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------

📍 Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa, Singapore

After informing Daphne about her "promotion" to Cebu, the two started to set off their weekend getaway

After informing Daphne about her "promotion" to Cebu, the two started to set off their weekend getaway. These two girls wanted to just chill and relax on the beach and feel the sea breeze.

They've been working nonstop in the last two months that even if they shared a place, they rarely had a good conversation lately.

If they were not 'knocked out' immediately after laying down the bed, they might have brought work at home until wee hours, so they opted to stay in Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa as Daphne was a member of the hotel. They were able to enjoy an exclusive service for their stay and as a treat for Kei's promotion also.

The two young ladies were lying on the outdoor lounge chair at the beachfront. Daphne was wearing a red swimsuit while Kei on the other hand was wearing her black one-piece swimsuit.

But due to their at least semi-conservative selves they covered it with a matchy white lace flower transparent beach-up tunic as they both intend to swim later. They were both covered with a beach hat while sipping their orange juice.

"Mr. Jang perhaps thought that he gave you a demotion rather than a promotion because after bagging big projects left and right, you will now be assigned in Cebu... just because... you turned him down." Daphne giggled at the thought.

"Maybe that's what he actually thought. But honestly, it's not that bad. I've never been to Cebu so I've searched about the place and found out that it had a lot of things to offer. I'll just take this as a vacation rather than a demotion." Kei responded positively as she was truly excited to visit the place.

"That's my girl. Besides, I would rather go to Cebu than see him every day. I'm actually jealous. I want to go too." Daphne remarked without hiding the jealousy she felt with the thought of Kei exploring Cebu without her.

"I am pretty sure that I would be able to get inspirations for my designs because the place has a wide variety of cultures to offer," Kei interjected, not hiding the anticipation in her face. She then placed her glass on the table between them, while inhaling the breeze.

Daphne then sat up and leaned closer to Kei as she blurted, "You should scour all the beautiful places there, all right? So when I go there, we won't be needing a tour guide. I guess I have to prepare a list so you won't miss anything... Ah, never mind. I'll always remind you anyways." She then went back to recline on her chair and tucked her hair as she covered her eyes with her shades with a mischievous smile on her face.

She knew that the list Daphne is planning would not be as simple as she thought because when Daphne says short, she really meant otherwise.

"Here we go again, fine fine fine... Just visit me on your vacation." Kei simply agreed to what her best friend intended her to do as she removed her hat to cover her face and whispered,

"What if I meet a great guy in Cebu?" she then giggled with the thought.

"Don't forget to update me if you tried "swimming in the waters of Cebu." Daphne then poked Kei's side as she gave a suggestive look.

"Depends on the fishes available in Cebu, let's see if they are delectable." Kei joined Daphne's mischief as she fixed her sunnies on.

"But if you will have one, oh dear fairies! A follow-up, please. Make it two. One for each of us." Daphne clasped her hands making a praying gesture which led Kei to laugh boisterously.

Kei then continued to admire the sea. Nature at its rawest form is a sight to see. A break from construction sites, blueprints, and stuff lessen all the exhaustion they both felt these past few months.

Moments later, Daphne became busy scrolling her phone. Until she excitedly exclaimed,

"OMG! I think I found the one!"

"What?! That fast? Where? Who? Why? Let me see. Gosh, fairies. How about mine?"

A notification on Kei's phone suddenly popped out.

"What's this?"

"Some sightseeing." Daphne casually said then she lean back on the reclining chair.