|73| brother

When he started singing, Dean could not help but shake his head in disbelief. "Wow, that was smooth.." He murmured and Jiro looked at him with brows furrowed.

"He did not only, catch Kei's attention, but he also confirmed that Kei is single." Putting emphasis on the single part, while he continued chewing his food.

"So you learned a new trick?" Jiro replied mockingly.

"Nah, that's for beginners. A pro like me, doesn't need that."

'Yeah, so pro that your girlfriend cannot be found."

"Wow, look who's talking? Your girlfriend is denying your very existence and you still are clueless about it." Dean continued to tease him.

"Just eat this marshmallow." Jiro then pushed the food into his mouth to shut him up.

"Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me..."

When they overheard this part of the lyrics, the crowd cheered and clapped for both of them. The Engineer's intention was as clear as the song.

"Isn't this awkward?" Jiro asked Dean who was still smiling mischievously at how smooth the man singing is with his intentions.

"Why? Are you?" Dean waggled his eyebrows as he continued teasing him.

Jiro remained silent as he looked at Kei who was just smiling while listening to the song.

Out of the blue, a part of him felt that it would have been better if the "playful" Kei kicked in earlier and claimed to be his girlfriend.

He wouldn't mind if it meant that it would keep this guy at bay.

Dean, on the other hand, knew what his best friend's concerns meant, so immediately after the song ended, he stood up and clapped for the singer then shouted, "Okay guys, that was a fantastic confession, let's give him another round of applause." As he encouraged the crowd to join him.

Jiro then started to get nervous at his gestures, for he felt like he was up to no good.

Then Dean continued, "The intention was clear but let me just announce that... that the brother is here. So if you plan to pursue Kei, then I guess you have to get through him first." Dean then placed his arm on Jiro's shoulders, and added, "Right, Bro?" He smiled sardonically with the emphasis on bro.

When Dean finally sat down after his announcement ended, Jiro snapped at him and said, "What were you saying?"

"Hey, I was just helping you with your concerns. You wanted to protect her so now she's safe." Dean replied calmly.

Jiro continued to give him a glare, but Dean ignored it and even added, "Why? You don't like to be the brother? You want to be the boyfriend instead?" Dean dropped his jaws and covered his mouth in sarcasm.

"Si Dean napud kuno and sunod mukanta!" Jiro shouted then pushed Dean to sing in front. Well, Dean gladly went to the front and sang.

"Di ta uyab, wala'y ikaw ug ako
Apan kung mag selos ko
Ayaw pag buot
Sige na lang ta ani'g
Ha, ha, ha, katawa
Ha, ha, ha, hasula
Ning kahimtanga"

Dean sang this part meaningfully while looking at Jiro. And when their eyes met, if looks could kill, he's already dead.

But Heavenly Father showed mercy on him. Kei poked Jiro and his eyes diverted to Kei, then Dean smiled about surviving again.

"Jiro, what is he singing? Could you please translate it to me?" Kei asked seriously.

He then swallowed a lump in his throat and started translating while glaring at Dean who obviously is avoiding his stares.

"So, the first line, di ta uyab means we are not in a relationship. Wala'y ikaw ug ako means there's nothing between us. Apan kung mag selos ko, ayaw pag buot means but if I feel jealous, it's none of your business. Then sige na lang ta ani'g Ha, ha, ha, katawa Ha, ha, ha, hasula Ning kahimtanga means I'll just laugh it off because I can't do anything about it." He explained it generously. Jiro suddenly became a translator machine.

"Ah okay. Nice," Kei then nodded and clapped when Dean finished the song and sat back in his seat.

"Kei, did your brother translate everything properly?" Dean asked with a mocking tone while holding a grin.

"I guess you're tired from driving so you need to rest now. Let's go" Jiro stopped Dean from saying anything more, so he immediately stood up and grabbed the latter who was laughing really hard.

"Kei, you can stay here if you want, we'll go ahead." He dragged Dean away from the bonfire.

"No, I'll go with you." She then bid the crowd goodbye and left with them. They are now walking altogether, side by side. But Dean isn't done for tonight.

"Kei, say Kuya Jiro." Dean teased.

But Kei responded with "...Kyah Jiro. In Korean..." Then, she stood in front of them and put her two hands on the top of her head, creating a heart. "...Oppa."

Seeing what she did, the two also laughed at her antics then continued walking to their tents.

All the while, Jiro and Dean were still bickering with each other. Unbeknownst to them, Kei heard the whole thing earlier.

She felt a warmth in her heart knowing that the two guys especially Jiro was concerned about her safety.

Not that she needed it. But... with the gesture, who wouldn't want it, right?