[21] kitty

Two days later, Kei's work officially began.

Kei and the team are doing ocular visits for site analysis. Her colleagues were on the ground as the engineers conducted surveys while she sat on the table under a tent, analyzing the data gathered and applying it to her initial design.

The team already has a proposed design that they've pitched during the bidding. It's just that, the head architect of the project resigned. So Kei is adding her touch to the proposed design supported by site analysis.

They've started at 7 AM to avoid the scorching heat. But it was past 11 o'clock in the morning already. Once they were done with the groundwork, they shared a long plastic table and began working on their respective laptops.

They were joking in between until they've noticed that one person seemed to be invisible on the table.

When Kei starts to work, she becomes totally immersed in it. It was as if she becomes lost in her own world. Her eyes fixated on her laptop or past it but you know that she's unaware of her surroundings anymore. She often whispers her own thought as if trying to contradict herself. It was like another persona of her, far from the bubbly Kei off work which made them admire her more.

The team kept their mouths mum, trying to avoid making any distractions for her. They've known that Architect Kei is more pressured at this stage as she has to wrap up her initial design for the renovation of wards and the new building project in two weeks.

When the clock struck 12, it's now time for lunch. "Where to eat?" started the noise from the group. Everyone stood up from their seats, excited to have their lunch except for one person.

"Ms. Kei, lunchtime." Faye decided to tap her shoulders to bring back Kei to Earth.

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice the time. Okay... Lunchtime." Kei agreed even a part of her still want to finish one layout on AutoCAD. She closed her laptop then stood up from her seat when she stepped on something below and they've heard the sound of an angry cat.

"I'm so sorry kitty kitty." Kei apologized, worried that she hurt the cat. "Let's go, people." Kei brought her laptop bag with her and decided to lead the way. The team noticed that she started to limp while walking.

"Muscle cramps for sitting too long, I can't feel my leg," Kei uttered to herself as she closed her eyes tightly in discomfort trying to endure it.

As she was leading the team, her teammates noticed that Kei is tapping her right leg with hopes to ease the cramps.

"Ms. Kei, wait," Gavin said and immediately knelt down to check Kei's ankle up close.

"I'm not sure if you are bitten or scratched... But I'm sure this is from that stray cat. You need to get antirabies immediately." Gavin declared his concern which everyone agreed because it was a stray cat.

Upon hearing it, she felt like she was about to pass out. She hates needles for Pete's sake.

---