|37| passerby

Jiro arrived later than the volunteers because he brought additional boxes of medicines from a sponsoring pharmaceutical company for their medical mission.

When other volunteers saw the piled-up boxes in the pick-up and Jiro carrying one to unload them, they immediately helped him out. One volunteer took his box and insisted to carry it for him.

Jiro scoured his sight to look for one person in the area. His brows frowned when he did not see her. However, when he looked down to the side, he saw her, casually typing while listening to the registrant, that brought a smile to his face.

"Hmm, excellent typing skills indeed," Jiro remarked as he crossed his arms to his chest. He carefully observed her while checking if he could see any discomfort or dissatisfaction from her, but he could see none.

"She's actually enjoying this." He grinned. Then he walked closer to greet her as her last registrant proceeded to the next station.

"Wow, I'm amazed at how you memorize your keys. You sure, everything is encoded correctly?" Jiro remarked as he positioned behind her and leaned beside her ears while staring at her monitor.

Kei froze upon hearing the voice beside her ear, and noticing how close they actually are right now. Her heart started to pound and her cheeks blushed. She was fighting the urge to look at his fresh face because if she did, her lips might just touch his cheek. As much as how much she wanted to do it, she just can't.

"Kei, relax. Dave is here and he might get the wrong idea so chill." She whispered in her thoughts.

"Of course! This is nothing compared to the loads of data I encoded with my side hustle before." She replied nonchalantly. Her eyes remained glued to the monitor. She could actually smell the perfume he was wearing and the calm breathing he was making.

After hearing her response, Jiro then leaned away, " Well, glad to hear that then, I'll give you your third dose after today's schedule, and while you work here, you can see how vaccines are administered, so I hope you get immuned with the sight." He smiled casually and only did he notice the young man beside Kei and looked at him intently as if he was trying to recall his memory of the man, while the guy beside her also froze at what he just did to her.

Seeing Jiro's confused stare, the man cleared his throat, "Doc Ji. I'm Dave. I was your assistant when you operated on an appendectomy last year." He stammered, totally nervous at the encounter.

"Oh, yeah! That's why you looked familiar. That was an emergency situation and I had to hurry back to the hospital before I got your first name, Ramos right? Dave Ramos?" Jiro smiled after remembering.

"Yes, Doc Ji. I'm Dave Ramos." Dave reciprocated the gesture after realizing that the famous Doc Jiro Young recognized him.

"Kei, I'll get going then," he pressed his lips as he bid her goodbye. "Dave, kindly assist Kei here. She's new but she's a fast learner." Jiro instructed him then strode towards the main entrance of the District Hospital.

"He said I'm a fast learner..." Kei whispered in glee.

"Woah! He remembers me.." Dave mumbled to himself in delight as his eyes sparkled like a fan who just met his idol in person. Kei was amused while looking at his reaction.

"Hey, you look funny right now, " Kei snickered at her remark and started encoding the details for the next patient who sat on the chair across her after Jiro got inside.

Dave then cleared his throat and replied, " Do I look that silly?" He gave her a worried look. Kei nodded teasingly at him.

"I'll tell it to you later, the patients are lining up," Dave said in a low voice feeling embarassed.