|96|

After they had a talk in the Gardens by the Bay, the two then proceeded back to get their bags. Based on the location of Sage's hotel and Daphne's pad, it would be more efficient if they will drop by to get Kei's things first.

Kei called Daphne to inform her that she was dropping by. And when Daphne opened the door, "You could have called earlier so I could have just brought down your thin--- oh. You're with someone." Daphne's nagging was cut-off when she saw her best friend with Jiro.

"Jiro, meet Daphne. My best friend." Kei introduced her friend who was still in awe.

"Hi. I'm Jiro." He greeted her shyly. "Sorry, I told Kei that I'll just wait for her in the lobby. Don't worry, I won't come in." Jiro uttered politely.

"Hi!" Daphne waved her hand. "Come in, come in." She then gave a meaningful smile to her best friend.

"We won't be long." She emphasized it before Daphne offered her room just like earlier. "And besides, I need a hand with my things," Kei implied and dismissed whatever thoughts Daphne had in mind with her introduction then proceeded to go inside, straight to Daphne's room where she left her things.

Daphne followed her immediately and closed her bedroom door, cornering Kei.

"Keira! You only have a few things to bring, what's with the I-need-a-hand drama?"

"I can do it on my own but I choose not to today especially now that there's another hand available. I just want to enjoy the girlfriend privileges." Kei answered while zipping her luggage. She decided to bring a few things that she left here in SG.

"Can't blame you though, he is handsome to be just a friend- WAIT! GIRLFRIEND?????? KEIRA ELISE YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS ROOM UNLESS YOU TELL ME! I knew you are quick to handle stuff but I never thought you'd be this quick! That's not what you said earlier when you left this morning." Daphne was astounded at how fast things escalated between them.

"Well, for the record, it was him who asked the magic question first, not me!" Kei answered defensively as if trying to eradicate the memory of her telling him that she liked him first while continuing to check whether she got everything already.

"Wow! You finally got Mr. HANDsome, literally and figuratively. I can still recall how we eyed his great hands and now those hands are exclusively yours to hold. Sure, you would want that hands more often in the future." Daphne remarked as she shook her head in disbelief. "But am I the first one to know? I'd better be, Keira!" The make or break the friendship question.

"Yes, Maria Daphne. You are the first one to know as far as I know. Except for the passers-by on the OCBC half an hour ago."

"As if they cared. So how was it? Did you kiss already?" Daphne tried her luck to get more details further.

"Well, I can't tell you all the details because he is there waiting for me, okay? It would be rude to keep him waiting so I'll tell you everything when I get back in Cebu. Cool?" Kei then kissed her cheeks to make up for not telling her right now as she headed for the door.

"Fine. Fine." Daphne followed her outside and smiled at Jiro as she looked in admiration at her best friend's new boyfriend.

Jiro smiled back awkwardly and took Kei's luggage from her and bid farewell, "I'll wait outside, so you can say your goodbyes without me". He told Kei as he looked at Kei gently and nodded to Daphne.

"Oh no no. Take this lady away. I'm done with her." Daphne chuckled as she hugged Kei goodbye and kissed her on the cheeks then she pinched her on the side, with the "call me" gesture when Jiro was not looking.

Kei could only laugh at their mischief and sprinted out of the room to join her boyfriend.

Moments later, they rode the train going to Jiro's hotel and then to the airport -hand in hand. They arrived at the Changi Airport at around 5 pm.

Jiro checked in his baggage while Kei just had her carry-on luggage. They proceeded to the immigrations and boarding gates. Luckily, their respective boarding gates aren't that far from each other. So the two sat side by side on one side of the airport.

Jiro's flight is 7:30 pm while Kei's is 8:30 pm.

Kei looked at their intertwined hands amusingly. At that moment, she also looked at his hands closely. Fingernails were kept short and very clean. His hand is big, making hers look even smaller. But his hands were warm and comforting. It made her feel secure and protected.

After realizing all this, she tightened her grip on their intertwined hands which made Jiro raise a brow but did not do anything to stop what she was doing. He then gave her a gentle kiss on her head as he leaned her closer.

She came here to be a friend, and now she's leaving with a boyfriend.

"Is this my good karma?" Kei thought then smiled.

And with that thought, her heart started to feel warmth beyond compare while butterflies filled her stomach.