|55| assembly

Tomorrow morning, everyone started their day with breakfast at 6 am. Since most of them just woke up, the dining area was silent, far from the noisiness last night. Everyone was still sleepy because they all slept at dawn doing stargazing and marveling at the full moon.

Jiro isolated himself from the group while sipping his black coffee at a secluded table with his meal.

They've had a heavy breakfast because they need all the energy for the canyoneering activity they will be having at 8 am.

All the volunteers got ready at the entrance for they will be hauled to their starting point. They are all set to leave at 7 am.

Everyone started to gather in groups just like how they've grouped themselves during their separate activities last night. Kei was "adopted" by Mary's group upon seeing her checking her essentials for the hike.

Kei was wearing a white dry-fit Nike shirt paired with black Adidas athletic shorts. To match her look she also wore black hiking sandals. Jiro on the other hand also wore a gray dry-fit Under Armour shirt paired with his black Nike athletic shorts with hiking sandals.

Mary has been talking with Kei nonstop about her crushes in the hospital and Kei even joked to offer some tips on how to attract her crush's attention.

When suddenly, "Oh shocks! I forgot to apply my sunblock! Girls, don't forget your sunscreens." Mary blurted out and immediately opened her small bag and started applying a generous amount on her skin.

"Wow, Mary! Didn't know that you're conscious about your skin? Look at Miss Kei, she's not applying anything when in fact she should be the one doing those because hers is fairer." Bart teased Mary who literally wanted to even out the cream all over her body.

"Hey, I am applying this because if Kei gets exposed to the sun, she will just be having rosy skin. While if I get exposed the only white part of my body will be my teeth and my eyes, so just shut up and mind your own business." Mary snapped as she continued applying her sunblock.

"Hija, Kei, come here. the heat of the sun in Singapore is totally different from the heat here in Cebu. Lemme apply some sunblock for you. You need to at least have your own layer of protection before we head out." The head nurse called Kei and offered to apply her own sunblock to Kei.

Kei was shocked at the gesture but appreciated it. She then allowed the late forties lady to apply the cream to her nape that was exposed as she ponytailed her hair. As for the parts where Kei could reach, she did them by herself.

Immediately after applying, the van arrived at the entrance and everyone went inside. Bart who was positioned in the front seat chose the playlist for their trip.

Bart started singing when 'Collide" by Howie Day started playing and everybody joined him in the refrain. Until the entire van has been in the karaoke mode inside their van.

They were all enjoying their karaoke when the driver spoke, "Maam, Sir, we are already here."

The female volunteers then clapped in excitement as it had been a long time since they did canyoneering. And Kei on the other hand was looking forward to her first adventure experience in the place.

"Are you ready?" Jiro asked her casually.

"Of course!" Kei winked in reply.

"Just tell me if you need anything," he replied confidently.

"Sure, sure." She replied with a smile.

"Hmmm, is there something wrong? Something in her replies felt weird." Jiro whispered to himself as he saw Kei go out of the van.