[22] A & D

On another side of the hospital, Dean finally caught up with his "very good" friend Jiro Young at the oncall room. For the first time ever, he felt that their hospital is so big that he didn't see his friend. It's been a couple of days since the meeting with Kei.

"Wow! Don, my new name. I wonder who used my first name to someone." Dean exclaimed in a tone as if interrogating someone as he took the swivel chair on his table to join Jiro at the common table.

"She gave that nickname, all right? And don't you think you owe Kei a 'thank you' because Don sounds better than 'Donato', doesn't it?" Jiro laughed sardonically.

"Well, it really sounded cute when she uttered that nickname." Dean chuckled. "But seriously, why weren't you present? The old geezer kept surprising me with his welcoming gestures. Everybody was astonished at his 'generosity and hospitality towards the new head architect' show. You should have seen how Archt. Kei dodged all his advances wisely. She really is a strong independent woman who knows how to handle men." Dean looked dreamy as he admired the new Architect who just arrived.

Dean was waiting for his answer but another person interjected.

"Who would have thought that the 'strong independent woman' you just mentioned would lose her composure just because of an injection that still yet to be injected." Doc Amber, a fellow OB-Gyne, commented as she approached the table.

"What? What's with needles and Kei? What happened?" Dean asked in disbelief as he couldn't imagine Kei being all hysterical just because of a needle.

"Apparently, Architect Kei has been very 'accommodating' to the nurses because she doesn't want to be injected with the antirabies shot. I never thought I could see that kind of reaction from a lady who I also believed to be a strong and independent woman." Doc Amber shrugged her shoulders as she sat beside Dean, then grabbed her notes on the other end of the table.

"We all have our own fears and breaking points, so perhaps it's the needles for her." Jiro replied casually as he stood up, grabbed his coat on the stand beside the table and turned his back on the two doctors, and waved them goodbye as he spoke, "Gotta go take my rounds, Adios!" Then he left the two on their own.

"If I remember it correctly he's supposed to do his rounds after an hour, but why is he so early this time. He even left his stethoscope here." Dean looked while shaking his head in disbelief, at the stethoscope beside the medical books Jiro had been reading before he arrived.

Then he looked at Doc Amber beside him as if trying to make sense of what they both saw. And she nodded in agreement as she also stared at the same stethoscope with curiosity.

"JiRealiable Young as always... How could he have a girlfriend if he's always "this" dedicated?" Doc Amber smirked with her statement.

"He believes that if the package is really addressed to you, no matter where it comes from, where it goes, it will be delivered to you." Dean chuckled as he crossed his arms in front of his chest as he reclined comfortably in the swivel chair.

"Buang! Online shopping? Shopee? Lazada? You actually believe in that nonsense, acting as if it's Jiro's." Amber replied mockingly as she perused her notes.

"Who needs to go out anyway when there's a lot of pretty ladies here. He just needs to choose who would be the chosen one." Dean whistled in mischief as he rested his head on his hands behind his head.

"What about you? Haven't found your chosen one yet?" Amber asked still with eyes glued at the notes.

Dean then leaned closer to Amber and blurted, "Look who's talking. The question really came from someone who's also single yet still not ready to mingle. My good Lord, what is happening?" Dean then raised his arms to the sky and looked at the ceiling with a grin.

"Why? Are you waiting for me?" Amber challenged Dean now looking at him intently.

"You wish." Dean rebutted with a raise on his left brow. "I'll get going and check Kei, I'm used to handling kids, I could help. See you around." Then he fixed his coat and stood up.

"Is she a kid?" Amber rebutted.

"Could be someone's 'baby', who knows?" Dean replied mischievously then winked.

"Yuck! Now I know why you've been single for a while. Your lines are so old style." Amber shouted at him as he turned his back on her, laughing.

---
Amber and Dean

---Amber and Dean