|57| jump then fall

The next stop would be the multiple cliffs and it goes higher and higher. Along the way, they've crossed the rivers, crawled several times in between boulders, crossed a makeshift bridge made of bamboo, they hiked, jumped, and swam... practically, canyoneering is a mix of everything.

The view up before they jumped is always majestic. You'll get a clear view of the clear turquoise water below. And as they went higher, fewer people took the courage of jumping.

When they reached the last spot, the guide reminded everyone that this is the tallest jump for the entire canyoneering activity with about 12 meters high or around 39 feet.

"Maam, Sir, this is the last part and the most challenging part. So for those who think this is too much for them, you may opt to trail down and just enjoy the falls below. But for those who are up for the challenge, then this is for you." The guide reiterated to all of them.

The volunteers started to look at each other and some decided to just enjoy the dip and the falls below. Only a handful take their last bit of adrenaline and decided to continue the Kawasan Falls jump.

The courageous ones then fell in line while waiting for their turn to cliff jump. Again, Jiro and Kei were standing a few meters away from each other.

"Sir, so how's my evaluation? Passed or failed?" Kei asked enthusiastically as she's still catching her breath from the hike.

"You're good." Jiro gave a thumbs-up gesture. She's punctual, she listens, she’s brave, and he never heard her complain. She asks for help but only if she really needed to.

"So it's a yes?" She delved further and happiness painted in her eyes.

Seeing the happiness in Kei's eyes, Jiro was caught off-guard. So he cleared his throat, "Just a few reminders. One, I'm going with Dean. Are you okay with it?" He asked with creased brows.

"I'm okay with whomever you'll go with. Except if that's your girlfriend." She remarked mischievously.

"I told you I don't have one." Kei just nodded in affirmation while rejoicing inside her.

Before Jiro could even proceed with his reminders, someone called "next!" to jump. Technically, it was Kei's turn already. But she stayed in her place, waiting if others would want to jump first.

Jiro thought that Kei was hesitating because maybe, her adrenaline was running low and kinda scared. So he decided to step ahead and jump first.

"Don't look down and just jump." He shouted then positioned himself to jump. Everyone from the back would count 1 to 3 every time someone would jump. And they also did the same for Jiro.

"1, 2, 3..." He jumped confidently. Upon hitting the water, he immediately felt the cold temperature.

Not too cold yet refreshing

Not too cold yet refreshing. And since he is wearing a life jacket, he immediately emerged from the water.

As he was about to wipe his face off the water,  he was stopped when he heard a shriek of glee, and a splash of water welcomed his face again from the person who jumped after him.

"Woooah. It's cold." A female voice said. And when he opened his eyes once more, he was welcomed by the sight of Kei in front of him who was about to remove her helmet to fully enjoy the water.

In return, Jiro splashed some water on her face too. He was expecting that Kei would concede, but to his surprise, she competitively continued splashing water on him.

"Why did you look so shocked to see me right after you jumped? You thought I was scared again?" Kei asked in between their water fight.

"I just didn't expect it. I wasn't able to hear them count 1 to 3 so I thought, no one was jumping after me just yet."

"Aish! You always think that I'm like a scaredy-cat, right? Psh! You jumped, so I followed." She said while turning her head sideward to remove the water from her ears..

"I already fell for you, yet you don't like it?" She then said playfully and meaningfully. "I mean, fell over you... Almost."

"What if I didn't jump before you?" Jiro paid the pun no heed.

"Then I'll just jump alone. It's for you to decide if you'll join me down here... Which I positively think you would..." Kei insisted still dwelling on the topic. "And that's the origin why this place is called KEIwasan Falls."

And as usual, Jiro just laughed at her remark.

"Sorry to interrupt your lovey-dovey moment, love birds, but kindly swim aside. As much as you look good together, we still have to jump, all right?" Bart shouted from above interrupting Kei and Jiro in their own world.

Before Kei could even react, she felt him hold her forearm, pulling her on the sides, near a small waterfall.

"Someone might hit us there when they jump."

So Kei shouted, "Guys, wait ah. Doc Ji, didn't want someone else to fall for me, uhm no fall over me. We will swim aside now." Kei started to laugh before swimming with him.

That remark only made their teammates tease them more.

Jiro could only shake his head in disbelief. "Hay, Keira Elise. I really don't know what to do with you." He mumbled in his thoughts.