[26] lunch

It was another busy day. In the hospital, you could see people going in and out of the main entrance of the hospital. Umbrella Medical Center is the biggest and the most famous private hospital in Cebu. It also had international accreditations and memberships in different medical fields.

And also another day of work for Jiro. For this week, Jiro will officially start his day at 8 in the morning.

"Good morning, Kuya." He usually greets the middle-aged guard in the basement who always reserves a spot for him in the parking.

The guard responded happily as he was greeted by his favorite doctor in the entire hospital. Jiro then proceeded to the elevator with his leather sling bag that contains his laptop and personal belongings.

His clinic is located on the 5th floor, inside room 1046, which is adjacent to Dean's clinic as well.

When the elevator finally opened, he checked his wristwatch and smiled. He then walked fifteen steps to his right and opened the door to his clinic and there he saw a middle-aged woman wearing a blue utility uniform.

She had a tight bun but she was happily humming while vacuuming the office, "Hi, Ate Josie! How's your kid? Oh, I forgot to give him my birthday present yesterday! Wait. I'll give it to you now before I forget it again." He smiled apologetically to the maintenance personnel in charge to clean his clinic.

"Thank you, Doc. Jake would be happy to receive that gift from you. As it comes from his idol doctor." Ate Josie responded happily as she sprayed the umbrella indoor bonsai tree in Doc Ji's clinic.

He knows everyone in the hospital even the maintenance personnel working in their wing. He routinely starts his day with a cup of coffee and greets everyone along the way to his clinic.

The start of his duty is usually at 9 in the morning, but he arrives at the hospital an hour earlier just to talk to people. Then he starts his consultation around 3pm. He usually has a long line of patients waiting for an appointment and he is one of the busiest doctors in the hospital.

"Here's the request for cardiac angiography and stress test. Mary, kindly accompany them to the laboratory and please make sure they are well attended to before you come back here." Jiro instructed the nurse beside him as he later faced the old couple sitting across his table.

"Once I receive the results, we would immediately contact you and see whether the surgery is really necessary. Okay, sir?" Jiro smiled at the old man in front of him as his hands were held tightly by his wife.

"Thank you, doc. Hopefully, it is not that serious yet." The old man replied as he was evidently worried.

"Let us cross the bridge when we get there, Sir. For now, continue with your diet and by the way you look now, I believe Madam Cruz is doing a great job." Jiro commended the old woman in front of him as worry was also evident in her face but practically just trying to hide it.

Mrs. Cruz smiled at Doc Jiro, then she placed her other hand on top of his husband's hands as if reassuring him that they are in this together.

Jiro then smiled after seeing their sweet gestures. The old couple then bid goodbye to him as they were escorted by nurse Mary to the lab. As he checked the medical records of the patient scheduled for surgery next week in his monitor, his secretary knocked on the door and came in.

"Doc, the food is here. Thanks for the treat." Janina, the secretary smiled.

"But I didn't order anything?" Jiro confusingly responded and stood up from his seat. When he went inside their small pantry in the clinic, Janina handed him the food pack with a note.

"The sender expressed her gratitude for yesterday, ehem, babe." Janina replied meaningfully, emphasizing the 'yesterday' and 'babe' part.

When he heard the word "babe", Jiro immediately thought about the sender of the food but wanted to correct the thing inside his secretary's head after that meaningful emphasis. However, Janina already left.

He just then decided to open the note and read.