|65| heaven

30 minutes in, he then gave a few reminders - where to eat at Argao, if she needs to make personal necessities, they can stop by in between, and whatnots.

"Kei, you could sleep if you want..."

"Naaaah, you need my company. To keep you entertained while driving."

"So you're an entertainer now?"

"Since you're always laughing at me, perhaps yes?"

Jiro could only make a slight chuckle in response.

"See? You find me funny. Hmp!" Kei said. "But seriously, if it is you who feel sleepy, just tell me, okay? I brought my license here with me. And mind you, I'm a pro license holder."

"Woah... Okay, that's good to hear. Dean and I usually take turns in long drives but I am glad we could also do that" Jiro sighed happily.

"Yep, driving skill is a life skill. I told you, I won't be excess baggage here." Kei grinned.

Then they continued the drive. Kei thought that it would be awkward because this is the very first time that they were left alone for a longer period of time. Besides, they're not even that close yet.

But to her surprise, they get along pretty well. They played music along the way and without even much of a discussion, they've both agreed to take turns choosing music as if they have a tacit understanding.

She actually thought that one of them needs to give way. Kei won't mind actually, this is his car and she's just a passenger, except if it's hard rock. Surprisingly, she liked his type of music too. Jazzy like Frank Sinatra songs. The same songs her Nana loves to play every Sunday.

And one thing they've both realized is that they are both old school. The only difference is, Kei liked acoustic covers more while Jiro liked the original versions.

In terms of food, Jiro isn't picky. Whatever Kei opens and offers, he'll have it too.

To summarize their first two-hour drive, it was rather peaceful and comfortable.

Jiro then took a right turn and it seems like this is an entrance of a place rather than a national road. But Kei kept her mouth mum. "Maybe they'll have a stopover? But why not in a nearby gas station, restaurant or mall? It looks like they're climbing up a mountain. Is this Osmeña already? That fast?" She thought.

Kei observed the area but Jiro maneuvered the car to do reverse parking. Once settled, he removed his seatbelt and said, "Let's go."

Kei just followed his lead. But she really can't keep her silence any longer, her curiosity is already kicking in so she asked as they walked, "Jiro, where are we?"

"Simala Parish of Sibonga, Cebu." Jiro proudly said and continued walking. He was waiting for a response from Kei but didn't hear any. So he glanced over his shoulder on his sides, only to see none. He turned to look back and there he saw her, still standing in shock a few meters from him.

He moved closer to her to ask what's wrong and why she looked so shocked. "What's the matter?"

"Omg, Jiro! Isn't this so fast?"

"What's fast?" He asked with creased brows.

"You're not even calling me babe yet but here you are, already taking me to church." She said playfully. "I haven't even met your parents. You haven't met my Nana, Daphne..." She continued while looking at him with wide eyes.

Jiro could only smile at her antics, this lady surely has a lot of things up her sleeve.

"Silly! We are here to pray and ask for a safe..." He's trying to explain but Kei cut him off.

"Safety? Why? Is this a trip to heaven?" Kei asked, acting shocked.

"Why? Do you want to go to heaven?" Jiro suddenly teased back with that mischievous smile of his. He has no initial intention to go along with her antics but this time he wanted to play along and check up to what extent she would go.

Kei cleared her throat after seeing that seductive smile from him. She suddenly felt like clarifying the "heaven" term because she is 100% sure that he was referring to another "heaven".

"That's not what I meant. Trip to heaven as in... If the roads are not safe? Not the 'heaven' that you are thinking. That's another peak we'll reach, no longer Osmeña peak." Kei answered and this time, then looked away. "Oh good Lord, sorry for what you heard from us."

Jiro laughed at how fast she explained herself. From now on, he would make it his life's goal to tease her every time she initiates it. "For a safe trip and good weather. Haaay Kei, you and your imaginative mind!" Jiro clarified as he shook then started walking again. Kei followed him.

"Oh wait. I forgot to ask..." He suddenly remembered asking, before they entered the shrine.

"Here you are again. I'm starting to think that I'm that pretty that you always forget things when you're with me." Kei rebutted. "Okay, what did you forget this time?" She was placing both hands on her waist proudly.

"I'm not sure about you're religion..." Jiro said shyly, as he started to rub his hand at the back of his neck.

"Sus, that's it?" After she saw that Jiro nodded his head, she continued. "Don't worry, Mister. I'm a Catholic too. Religion will not be a problem between us. Isn't it that a plus point?" She raised her brows up and down in haste.

Jiro could only chuckle after hearing her response, they then entered the shrine.