|36| registration

Saturday finally came and Kei arrived at the meeting place, 2:55 am. She received the instructions about the essential details in the mission a day after she signed up.

Most of the volunteers were middle-aged persons, and there's a few women in their 20s to 30s. And since most of them were from the hospital, they are already familiar with her. However, her current get-up was new to them as they were used to the usual Architect outfit she usually wears.

Kei wore a plain shirt paired with boyfriend jeans and rubber shoes, a lazy Saturday attire, just perfect for her day's errand.

All the volunteers will ride a white L300 van. Other equipment was already delivered to the site ahead of time yet they still hauled with six vans all in all.

The medical mission will be in Badian, located in the southern part of Cebu. The volunteer doctors will be performing minor operations in Badian District Hospital. This is an annual event in the hospital as the late founder of the Umbrella Medical Center was born and raised there before they migrated to the US.

When they arrived, they immediately set up the area as they will officially start at 8am. The team will be divided into sections before the patient gets admitted for his/her operation. Initial registration has been a month prior to this day but for confirmation, a final registration area will be made. Next is the Triage section, Consultation, blood donation, vaccination, and the minor surgeries will be held inside the hospital.

Kei was assigned at the final registration.

She will be encoding the patient's personal information and medical history. Kei started setting up her laptop and when she finally sat down to turn it on, a guy approached her carrying a laptop bag holding an extension chord with his other hand.

He was wearing a green collared shirt paired with denim jeans and a gray Sperry topsider. The handsome young man smiled and extended his hand for a handshake. He had deep-seated eyes and was obviously of Spanish descent. "Good morning, Architect Kei, I'm Dave. I am a nurse here from Badian District Hospital."

"Hi, Dave, uhm what can I do for you?" Kei smiled back as she also stood up and extended her hand.

"I was assigned to help you here because according to Dr. Young all the details from this station will be transferred to our records in real-time to save us the hassle. I hope you don't mind about the sudden changes." Dave gave him an apologetic smile.

After Dave's long introduction only one word stuck in her mind. She pressed her lips tightly trying to conceal a smile.

"Uhm Dave, who sent you to me again?" Kei just wanted to make sure if she heard it right.

"It was Doc Young, Doc Jiro Young. He called our director minutes ago, that's why I came here to help you." Dave continued with his apologetic smile and started to rub his neck.

"Ah, okay. Doc Jiro..." Kei started nodding and looked down to hide her amusement as she then sat down and turned on her laptop.

"No worries, Dave. An extra hand will be much appreciated. Because you are the nurse, then we can perhaps divide the encoding? I will encode the personal details while you go for the medical history. Cool?" Kei then looked at Dave after she gained her composure.

"Sure, thank you Architect Kei. Can I set up here beside your station? Or you want me across?" He asked as he was intently praying for something inside him.

"Oh, you can set that up beside me. So that I can easily ask you questions if I have one." Kei smiled then arranged all the folders beside her.

"Yes!" Dave suddenly whispered inside his head in jubilation.

He was supposed to be assigned to the blood extraction department when he was called by Doc Yu to assist in the registration. At first, he was somehow hesitant because he wanted to do something more than just encoding but when he saw the lady wearing a simple outfit yet looking absolutely stunning, he changed his mind.

Architect Kei for him was the most beautiful volunteer that day. He felt excited in knowing that he is in close proximity with the volunteer who's been eyed by all the medical staff and doctors in the area since the volunteers arrived.

"Uhm, Dave. You can call me Kei, no need for the formalities. I am just a volunteer here, not an Architect so Kei would be fine." Kei interrupted his thoughts.

"Cool!" Dave could only respond with a smile. They then started sorting all the folders in alphabetical order and failed to notice that a Black Ford ranger was parked beside their area.