|56| canyoneering

Upon arrival, they did the registration stuff and short reminders from their tour guides, the usual do's, and don'ts.

Jiro isn't new about these things but still listened, so as Kei. Then, they took their gears. The tour guide also taught them how to wear their helmets and life jackets.

When it comes to safety, Jiro didn't forget to bring his first aid paraphernalia inside his backpack wrapped in a ziplock just to be sure.

Then they began to hike. According to the guide, they will be jumping from different distances to the rivers and as a finale, they will be jumping on top of the Kawasan Falls. It will only take a 30-minute trekk till they've reached the first spot.

And upon arrival, they must immediately jump to the water where the fun begins. They saw the clear blue water formation, hidden from the public, unlike the commercially famous Kawasan Falls.

 They saw the clear blue water formation, hidden from the public, unlike the commercially famous Kawasan Falls

Jiro is specifically checking Kei in between which is unknown to the latter. He knew very well that he is with his fellow Cebuanos who are not new to these kinds of terrains but with Kei, he still has to be wary.

The next stop is they have to jump right in a naturally made rock formation slide. Everybody jumped due to the short distance and were laughing when they reached the river.

Once everyone is already in the water, the group formed a line and enjoyed the rapids of the river all together. They formed a line or circles in the water and took group photos in between.

 They formed a line or circles in the water and took group photos in between

When they've reached the third stop, there were stalls selling food while waiting for their turn

When they've reached the third stop, there were stalls selling food while waiting for their turn. They have two options though; to jump about 10 meters high or they may opt to walk down. The guides reminded them to check their life jackets and helmets if they as still fastened perfectly.

This time, Jiro and Kei were standing a few meters from each other. Kei did not really talk with Jiro during the entire trek but with the other volunteers, she enjoyed their funny stories about their first experience doing the canyoneering.

Not until this moment.

"Ji, you want some hotdog? It's yummy." Kei offered while she took a bite on her grilled hotdog on stick. Jiro just shook his head, declining her offer, and just drank water on his own tumbler.

"Don't eat so much. We're still halfway through the whole trekk." He reminded her then.

"Hmmm, kay." She agreed and he thought they were done talking but Kei added, "Ji, can you check if I'm still wearing my helmet correctly? Can you help me?"

Jiro's left brow raised with the sudden request.

"Miss Keira, as far as I remember... You were listening attentively while the guides instructed how to properly wear the gears. You even wore it earlier on your own. Are you really sure you still need my help?" He asked amusingly.

"So you're checking me the whole time huh?" She said as she munched the hotdog.

"I told you, I will evaluate you today remember?"

"Evaluation, evaluation. Hmph! I thought you'll fall on my trick and we'll have a drama worthy scene here." She said and took the last bite of the hotdog on stick then left to throw the stick in the nearby garbage can.

When she came back to her place, "Yes! This is the Jiro Young that I know. The romantic man last night? That's Jiro Puth, only for show. Amp!" She ranted bashfully then left him on that spot.

Jiro could just follow her with his gaze and thought. "Wait what? She called me who? Jiro Puth?" He then shook his head as he laughed amusingly. "Pffft! What the actual fuck..."

Kei on the other hand went back to Mary's group. The latter even asked Kei if they could jump together on that cliff which she agreed.

"Look at this woman. How could she act as if nothing happened... and here I am, still can't get over the fact that he called me Jiro Puth." He still found the association amusingly funny.