[100] day 2

"What did you and Nana talk about?" Kei started interrogating Jiro after buckling up in the front seat.

"Well, I officially introduced myself as your boyfriend. That's it." He replied simply and headed out of the apartment.

"Just that? But you seemed very close now." She gave him an intimidating look as she pried for more.

"I have a talent for talking with all kinds of people, so of course, I've put it to good use." He smiled confidently, making himself look cool.

"Well, of course. As expected from the Doctor who appears on TV most of the time." She chuckled.

"Oh geez." Jiro mumbled. "Kei, favor please. Can you please get to the backseat and hand me a fresh polo?" He asked a favor as he pulled the car to the side.

"What's the matter?" Kei asked as she got his backpack as instructed. "Need to change? You seemed fine and handso--- oh." Kei was about to hand him his polo but when she faced him, Jiro was unbuttoning his polo. What a sight to see.

Abs. Perfectly sculpted abs.

Kei was about to count how many when a polo was thrown onto her face. "You are drooling. Wipe it." Jiro joked then got his fresh polo shirt from her hands, which were coincidentally in the shade of blue, just a little lighter than Kei's.

When Kei reacted and removed the polo on her face, Jiro already wore his polo shirt.

"Such a killjoy! I wasn't able to enjoy the scene. I'm not even done counting!" Kei ranted as she went back to her seat.

As a dutiful girlfriend, she then instinctively folded the polo that he wore earlier.

"We better get going," Jiro replied then went back to driving. "Don't worry, you can count it next time." Then winked at her and checked the side mirror as he proceeded to drive.

"Honestly, I only looked cool earlier but I was sweating profusely while talking to your Nana. She received me well and didn't even ask a lot of questions, making me worry more. I don't know if I passed or what." Uncertainty was obvious in his voice.

"Nana is just like that. She won't give you a score on the first meeting. One cannot know someone at first glance right? So she'll give you time to get to know you." She then placed the polo back in his backpack and fixed the crease on her pants.

"Lucky me, your Nana is already awake at this hour. I opted not to call you and I didn't have the guts to knock on your door as early as 6 o'clock so I just waited outside."

"Next time, inform me beforehand at least so you won't have to wait outside. Hmm?"

Jiro didn't reply anymore but his face showed a satisfied smile.

"So what do you want to eat?" He asked as he took her hand and intertwined it with his while focusing on the road.

"Pandesal. Your pandesal." Kei answered.

Jiro got it immediately and glared at her. She chuckled then. "Okay, fine. I don't usually eat heavy breakfast but I feel like eating now so you can decide for us." She then took her phone and checked for messages or emails if there were any. And there weren't so she placed them back inside her bag.

"Oh, okay we can go for Silogan ni Gian. The service is quick and I am a regular there so we won't be late for work. I bet you never had those when you were in Singapore." He grinned without letting go of her hand.

"In Singapore, an omelet or egg has always been part of the breakfast. It was usually paired with hotdogs, bacon, or bread. But yeah, I'm not used to heavy breakfast anymore - typical morning rush. I usually eat silogs prepared by Nana at home, whenever I'm on vacation, which I don't have the option to decline. However, it's been a while since I ate one. Also, by the way, you mentioned it, I think I saw you drool so I suddenly craved for it too." Kei laughed at her teasing.

"Hey, I didn't! You were just imagining things." Jiro rebutted. "But seriously, I have been eating there since college up until Med School because as I have told you, we are just an ordinary citizen. But now that I can afford to eat what I want, I still eat there if I have the time." He explained with a sense of nostalgia.

"Well, I can relate to that. Silogs are the go-to meals of us struggling students in college. But for dorm buddies like me, I go for the very easy pancit canton or cup noodles." She laughed hard.

"Hey, pancit canton has saved a lot of students including me, and now that we are where we are now, it feels amazing to recall that we've gone a long way." He heaved a deep sigh as he recalled all his struggles in the past.

Kei sensed this and pressed his hand in reassurance.

"But, some things never change, I guess. We are already earning a good amount of money yet pancit canton and cup noodles are still our staple food. Agree? I bet you have stocks in your cabinet too." Jiro enthusiastically said.

"Of course!" Kei happily agreed. "So are you a kalamansi or the yellow one type of pancit canton?"

"I'm a sweet and chili type," Jiro replied playfully.

"OMG! Me too!" Kei exclaimed. "Wait, sweet and chili plus one original type to be exact."

"All right. At least, something we have in common." Jiro commented happily.

"So are we going to eat silog or pancit canton? Now, I'm confused about what I like to eat." Kei placed a finger to her chin as she is now seriously thinking about what to eat.

"Silog. I'd go for a proper meal." Jiro finally declared as he took a turn at a small eating place.

"You only made me crave for something I won't be getting. Hmph. Why did we end up with pancit canton conversation anyway?" Kei ranted then crossed her arms on her chest.

Jiro laughed at Kei. "I'll cook pancit canton for you hmmm maybe later?" Jiro offered.

"Wow! Is this the your-place-or-mine phase already? Doc Jiro ah! I didn't know you were this smooth." Kei glared at him playfully.

"Keira, my pancit canton intention is innocent." Jiro defensively clarified himself while coughing intentionally.

The couple laughed filled the car. It was indeed a good way to start their Monday morning.

They both agreed on one thing. When they were young, they had a lot of time but no money. Now that they are already adults, they have money but not much time.