|84|

Ten minutes later, they then heard a soft snore at the back which made the two chuckle. Kei thought that Nana is just joking earlier but it seems like, she's really tired.

Jiro then lowered the temperature at the aircon for the back seat as he realized that old people easily get cold and he also saw Nana Lorns rub her arms unconsciously with her eyes still shut.

Seeing Jiro's simple gesture made Kei's heart feel warm.

"Ji, thank you for this. You actually don't need to do this and I feel guilty about borrowing the time you could spend with your Dad." She mumbled apologetically in a low voice.

"Shhh... Kei you'll wake Nana up." He smiled. "You don't need to apologize, this is what friends do right? Helping each other in times of need. So no need to be so formal." He joked.

"Well, if you don't want me to be formal, then can I be bolder this time?" She stared at him with estimating eyes.

"You are always bold in front of me. Why ask now?" He replied mockingly.

"Well, is this really just for friends? Do you really want me to just be your friend? Because I would stop all these antics of mine, and just act like a friend." She declared swallowing hard as she spilled all the courage she accumulated inside.

She was anticipating a response from him, but Jiro only gave him a meaningful smile and stared at her with gentle eyes. She also noticed him grip the steering wheel tighter when she told him all that.

After an awkward silence, Kei couldn’t take it any longer and uttered, "Silence means yes. Okay, then friends." She heaved another deep sigh as if releasing her tension as she looked at the road ahead.

Jiro chuckled as he watched Kei's reaction. Jiro continued to tap the steering wheel when he finally spoke, "We're here." Still keeping that mischievous grin of his.

Kei was already pissed off while looking at him grinning, but as Nana is at the back, she held her temper and gently stroked Nana's arms to wake her up.

"Nana, we're here." The old lady slowly opened her eyes and smiled at the two of them.

Jiro immediately got out and took their luggage, then the two ladies followed him outside.

"Hijo, drive safely. Thank you so much." Nana Lorns said and asked the concierge to take her luggage and asked Kei for the key to her unit.

"Elise, send him off. I'll go ahead." She smiled at her again.

Kei did not want to stay with Jiro any longer after what she understood from their conversation earlier, but still obliged her Nana's orders.

"Kei, I'll get going. For real." Jiro finally senses the awkward atmosphere they are having now. He bit his lips to hide his amusement.

"Sure, sure

"Sure, sure. Thank you so much, Ji. I really appreciate it." Kei dismissed him immediately.

Jiro immediately hopped inside his car while whistling a happy tune. Kei could only hide her disappointment after realizing that Jiro did not offer her anything.

"Friendzoned." She sighed in surrender and looked down.

As she was about to turn her back, "Keira Elise!" Jiro waved his hand to signal her to come closer. With heavy steps, she leaned towards his window and asked, "Yep? Forgot something?" with brows crossed.

"Silence doesn't always mean yes. But if you want my answer, my answer is no and by the way, the feeling is mutual." He then sped off with his signature grin.

Kei's world suddenly froze as if she can't process what she just heard. When she finally realized what he said, Jiro was already gone.

"YAAAAH! What was that?!? Jiro Young, what was that about??? You come back here." Kei shouted while looking at the back of his pick-up.

Jiro only raised his left hand as a sign of goodbye.