[102] behind the door

Mary, together with Jane, her lunch buddy, arrived at her table after grabbing their lunch at the cafeteria. They still have 20 minutes left on their lunch break. So Mary decided to check the mini fridge for some dessert.

Jiro has a small pantry in his office and this has always been filled with food. Aside from the food he bought himself, it is also filled with goodies from the patients and colleagues. And as far as Mary remembered, a patient gave Buko Pandan dessert yesterday.

No matter how much Jiro loved food, he was never stingy and would rather share it with his fellows than get it spoiled. Mary, of course, is the one to receive and has full access to Jiro's "treasure".

As Mary walked into the pantry, she opened the fridge and scooped a cup of Buko Pandan. She then noticed that it seemed like no one touched the food inside the fridge. No spoon and fork on the drying rack either, even in the sink. So she checked the trash bin out of concern if Jiro had his lunch. Nothing new.

As far as she remembered, Doc Ji didn't have any scheduled lunch out or meeting.

"Hmm, lately, Doc Ji always opted to have his lunch outside and always clocked out on time even if he didn't have a scheduled meeting on his calendar...."

This made Mary wonder, but she knows it is his private matter so she paid it no mind. Besides, she knows full well that Doc Ji, no matter how busy he is, unless he's inside the operating room, won't skip meals.

"Oh well, he's old and well off enough, he could manage." Mary giggled and closed the ref.

She walked out of the pantry and was about to pass through Doc Ji's room when she heard giggles inside. It was from a woman.

"See? I shouldn't be worrying too much, he seems to have his lunch happily." As she overheard the giggles from inside his office.

By the way they sound, they seem like they are enjoying a topic. She could only hear mumbles and couldn't clearly understand what they were talking about.

Mary just continued walking back to her table to eat. She just has to wait for them to come out and see who the lady inside is.

"What took you so long?" Jane ranted.

"Something interesting coming through," Mary whispered to her then grabbed a spoonful of Buko Pandan.

Halfway through eating, the door then opened. Jane and Mary instinctively looked in the door's direction.

Doc Ji and whomever that girl is were still laughing. They cannot see who the lady was as she is still behind the door. They could only see Jiro.

What amazed them is that Doc Ji, who rarely sends off a guest or a patient personally to the door, was leaning there with his arm on the door jamb as he smiled sweetly to that lady, as if cornering her on the door.

Mary and Jane didn't know if they were just malicious but the two were flirting on the door, maybe as they bid farewell.

"Jane, I think we should head out and continue eating outside?" Mary whispered to herself as she nudged her seatmate to join her on her way out.

Only then did the "couple" realize they were not alone. Doc Jiro coughed while the lady then revealed herself and smiled at her.

"Hi, hehe." Kei awkwardly presented herself.

"Hi, Architect Kei. Buko Pandan po." Jane courteously offered to try to hide her internal panic as if what she witnessed was not something they are not allowed to see.

"Thank you, but I had lunch already. And I also brought some cookies. I put it inside the fridge, you can have it for snacks later." Kei smiled and then looked at Jiro. "I better get going. My lunch break is about to end. No skipping meals, Doc, okay?" She reminded him earnestly.

"Thanks for the pasta... And see you later." Jiro answered happily.

"See you." Then Kei walked out of his clinic. While Jiro remained on the door.

She smiled at Jane and Mary when she passed through them.