|89|

"Wait. Mr. Jang looks familiar, perhaps we've met before?" Jiro was trying to be friendly but there was also something in his tone that she can't name yet.

Kei saw how Mr. Jang's face turn cold while Jiro on the other hand was also hiding his mockery with his smile. It was the first time she felt that Jiro was showing a devilish grin in front of someone.

She felt a brewing storm between these two men in front of her, but she could only sigh helplessly.

Both men were estimating each other but she knew they were already somewhere else as she noticed the tight grip they both did with the handshake. 

Finally, Mr. Jang released his hand first and Jiro immediately followed suit.

"Oh. Kei never told me that she got together with someone already..." Mr. Jang's voice was cold as he looked at Jiro from head to foot.

"I apologize for looking this casual because Kei would be touring me around here. But if I have known that I will be meeting her boss, then I would have dressed appropriately. I thought I would only be seeing my girlfriend today." Jiro replied simply as he glanced at Kei. "But it's good to also see the man responsible for bringing her to me."

Mr. Jang's face turned sour, he was extremely good at concealing it. But with Jiro's keen observance, he caught it even if it was just a split second and he was smiling inside. Then he continued.

"We just got together recently sir, so you are the first person to know about our relationship," Jiro said.

Kei cannot help but speak inside her head, "Wait! How did I not even know that I am already in a relationship?" She's trying so hard to contain her rebuttals to herself. She'll just turn her untold rebuttals to pinches.

"It was so hard to chase her and eventually, I realized that no man could get into her heart unless she allows him to." Jiro further added.

She instantly pinched his sides once more.

"What? Hard to chase me? I'm not even running away from him, what chase is he talking about?" Kei would want to rebut yet she decided to just continue with their act.

Jiro then continued, unaware of Kei's thoughts. "I was overjoyed when she gave me that chance. My efforts paid off and now I am with this truly talented and amazing woman of my dreams." Jiro once again placed his arms around her shoulder and leaned his head toward hers.

Kei almost had goosebumps at the words she's been hearing from him. For the whole month that she knew him, this was actually the first time she heard him compliment her in almost every sentence he uttered.

On other hand, Mr. Jang lost his composure and his jealousy was already visible on his face. He clenched his fists and Kei saw his knuckles already while Jiro acted oblivious to Mr. Jang's reaction as if all that mattered to him was his girlfriend beside him.

After regaining his composure, Mr. Jang then simply countered, "You are from Cebu, Doc Jiro. I guess doctors nowadays have a lot of free time to tour around?" He was insinuating that Jiro was just an ordinary doctor with small clients so he decided to mock him.

Jiro however caught his intention and replied, "Oh, I was just invited to present my research at a conference sponsored by the American Heart Association so I came here. Oh, now I remember where I met you, Mr. Jang..." Then Jiro smiled sardonically.

Mr. Jang raised his left brow to show his disdain but maintained his composure.

"I don't recall meeting you Doc Jiro, perhaps you were mistaken." Mr. Jang replied coldly.

"Well, perhaps Mr. Jang forgot that you were lobbying to get to design the heart center partnered with the American Heart Association to my good friend Doctor James Smith. If I have known that Mr. Jang was Kei's boss then I would have gladly put in a good word for you. I can call him now if you want, he was practically asking me how to sort out good partners as this is his first venture in Asia and he thought I could help him." Jiro declared innocently.

To an outsider, Jiro's remark might look like a simple proposition out of goodwill but Mr. Jang knew better. Jiro was reminding him not to mess with him and Kei.

Mr. Jang knew how big this project is and that the Board especially told him to personally seal this project and he could not mess this up.

Mr. Jang's face turned grim. He did not like the feeling of being at someone else's mercy and even if he did not like how their positions have turned he heaved a deep sigh before finally conceding, "Well, I have to bother Doc Jiro then." He then bowed in magnanimity which made Kei cover her mouth in shock.

Jiro then smiled in disdain then replied, "No worries, Mr. Jang. Consider this a token of my appreciation for sending Kei to Cebu so that I could meet her and get to know her. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have a chance to even meet her." Jiro declared as he pulled her tighter not minding the extreme displeasure in Mr. Jang’s face visible now.

"How could she possibly accept a simple doctor like me when there are a lot of eligible and more capable bachelors here in Singapore? But I guess, I was worth giving a try for her, and I couldn't be happier."

When Kei heard Jiro's remark she was now sure that he heard how Mr. Jang mocked Cebu and she never thought that he would stand up for her. This gesture from him was enough to make Kei fall for him even more. Her admiration leaped to a higher level than before. While in a daze, she then heard Jiro speak once more.

"Mr. Jang, perhaps we already wasted a lot of your precious time and we don't want to bother you further. We better get going." Jiro then removed his arm on Kei's waist then gently intertwined his hands with hers and looked at her lovingly, "Babe, let's go?"

Kei could only nod and turn to Mr. Jang, "Thank you, Mr. Jang" Then both of them went out of the building hand in hand leaving Mr. Jang glued to the ground as he clenched his fist out of irritation and took out his phone and called a number.

"Victor, pick me here in the lobby. NOW!" He ordered his driver.