|90|

An image of a loving couple.
Just like a scene from a drama.
Power couple.
Couple goals.

That's what the onlookers would think of once they see Jiro and Kei walk out of the building. Aside from the fact that they are both good-looking, they have undeniable chemistry.

Unbeknownst to everyone around them, Jiro's left side is already aching after receiving a lot of pinch from Kei. He's lean, making it hard for her to pinch him. But when she does...

"Keira, it hurts ah! Aren't you supposed to thank me? Is this your thank you?" He whispered to her ear as they walked out of the building.

"I need to vent out all my angst on something or someone. And that was for all the stories you made up earlier. Hard to chase me? I'm not even running away from you." She finally said it.

But she added in an instant, "Sorry, I would stop now." Then rubbed the part that she kept on pinching earlier as if soothing it to relieve the pain. However, she did not tell him that aside from her annoyance with Mr. Jang, she was doing all those pinching because she felt giddy inside. She knows what this familiar feeling is and she wanted to stop it from consuming her entirely but she couldn't.

She could not handle all those seemingly real declarations Jiro made for her back there. She couldn't help but smile with the thought as rays of sunshine seeping through her heart overwhelmed her.

While Kei was rubbing his seemingly sore waist, Jiro suddenly felt a shiver within him and bit his lip to stop himself from smiling on the side so Kei won't see him blushing with the gesture. Then after composing himself he responded casually,

"Oh, I see. I don't want that measly guy to ruin our day so, I won't mind if you pinch me all over my sexy body. If it will lessen your irritation, then I give you my permission." Jiro replied as he grinned now looking at her.

Kei could only laugh at his boldness and playfully push him away from her as they were already outside. She finally let go of his hand too as they walked toward the train station in a hurry.

She was too preoccupied with all the things that unfold earlier that she failed to notice Jiro's disappointed look when she removed her hands from his and her walking in haste.

When they reached the train station, they stepped on the escalator to go down. Jiro moved a step back to stand behind Kei, to follow etiquette.

Before tapping in their EZ-link card to the entry, Kei realized that they haven't talked about yet where they are heading to. "So, where do you want to go, Ji?"  She looked back at the man towering behind her.

"Hmm, I'll just want to tour around peacefully. No rush and all. But for now, since it's almost lunchtime, I think we should eat first." he responded with his hands inside his pockets.

"Okay, then let's eat." Kei then led the way. She guided him to a nearby Hawker food center so Jiro could try a lot of local dishes. Jiro just followed her quietly too.

On the way, Kei instantly switched to a tour guide mode. If Jiro just met her today, he'll even think that he is having an exclusive tour with a senior tour guide. The details she's saying are so unique that he can't help but be intrigued.

"You sound like a real tour guide. It was as if you've been doing this for years." He remarked with awe after listening to her.

"This is my sideline during weekends before I raised ranks at work. You know, that usual stories of OFWs who took more than one job, we've been there too." Kei shared happily, without even a hint of embarrassment.

They got onto the train and found an empty seat near the door and sat down immediately. Kei was near the railing while Jiro was adjacent to a man with his headset on.

"Before, Daphne and I used to have 3 jobs. One is to pay for our living expenses here and our family in the Philippines. Another one for our savings. You could probably say that two jobs are enough. But I also want something for myself so I also work during weekends, that's the third one."

"Or you don't want to be idle too to avoid homesickness?"

"A factor too... And I feel like, I have to earn more so I could retire early. I'm still young that time, anyways." Kei answered. "Aren't we the same? You are a doctor already yet you are also a professor, right?"

"Well, teaching is like a stress-reliever to me. I don't treat it as a job. So I don't think it is counted."

"That's the same feeling I have with being a tour guide. I enjoy traveling a lot. But you know what is my favorite scenery in all the tours I've been on? "

When Kei saw Jiro's furrowed brows in curiosity she replied, "Family. Complete family, traveling together. Maybe because I never had the chance to travel with my family." Then she paused. There was melancholy in her voice but she immediately brushed it off and went back to her happy smile.

Jiro caught the sadness in her eyes. He did not know when it started but he started to pay attention to every detail about her. After hearing her melancholic voice, he wanted to ask more about her parents but sensing that she did not want to talk about it, he chose to ignore it.

 After hearing her melancholic voice, he wanted to ask more about her parents but sensing that she did not want to talk about it, he chose to ignore it

Kei then regained her composure and proudly bragged, "I was able to use my language skills too as I've met different nationalities. And just so you know, I'm multi-lingual."

"I am fluent in Cantonese, Hangul, Nihonggo, and even Spanish and French."

"Wow! That's a lot! I'm multi-lingual too; Cebuano, Tagalog, and English." He gasped as he brushed the back of his head in embarrassment.

Both of them giggled at Jiro's remark while looking at each other, but after the laughter died down, a magnetic force seemed to hook them and they can't seem to stop themselves from staring at each other.

It seemed as if they both wanted to say something but words might ruin what they have.

They were only awakened into reality when they heard the voice-over announce their next stop. After realizing the current place they were in, they both looked away as of nothing happened.

She immediately stood up and stood near the door. Jiro followed her attentively.

As it was a city center, a lot of people also flocked near the door, making them an inch close to each other.  Jiro protected Kei with his body as hard as he could, he was behind her and held the railing to keep his ground. He could now smell the subtle scent of her perfume and could see her perfect nape. He immediately gulped to calm himself.

Luckily, the door finally opened and Jiro was the most relieved when it opened. They were able to walk out of the train without "incidents".

Kei remained oblivious to what is happening with the man behind him as she continued to lead him to the food center.