[18] late

Umbrella Medical Center. 9:05 AM.

"Where is Ms. Kei? She's already late." The Chairman was slightly annoyed at the delay in her arrival. He of all people was the one very much excited about her arrival.

A few doctors and executives of Umbrella were already inside the meeting room, waiting for Kei and her team's arrival. Today is the first meeting for the pre-design stage of the project.

Dean, elbowed his colleague standing beside him and asked, "have you seen Ji? He's supposed to be here. You know, as the face of the hospital at least."

"He's on duty." Dr. Fritz Garcia responded. "And by the looks of it, the Chairman was not looking for him also. We don't know if this is intentional..." Fritz crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Afraid of competition, maybe?" Dean added which made Fritz smile in agreement as he got what he meant.

"Who wouldn't? The architect's arrival has been the talk of Chairman's mouth making most of us here curious. Those who already checked her on social networking sites said that she's not just a beauty but also a smart one. Even I for myself wouldn't waste my chance to see it." Fritz agreed with a grin.

"So we are all an 'usi' here." Dean laughed silently. "Except for the formidable Jiro Young..." Dean shook his head in disbelief.

Their small talk has been interrupted when the door opened as the receptionist led the way for Architect Kei and her team.

"Good morning, Architect. Welcome to Cebu. I hope you are enjoying your stay, so far." The Chairman immediately greeted the lady in white.

She also brought with her a laptop for the presentation and her white handbag on the other arm. She made a simple ponytail with light makeup to match her look which highlighted her swan-like neck and collarbones.

Everyone was glued to the elegant woman leading her team with five members.

"Maayong buntag. I'm architect Kei Lim. Sorry for being late, we've encountered an accident on the road along the way." Kei expressed her apologies. She herself was pissed at being late, as it may reflect badly on them.

All the male doctors and executives finally regained their senses after hearing her apology and they smiled.

"It's okay, Ms. Kei. I know it was unintended. A pretty lady can never be late. Everyone else including me was just early, right everyone?" The Chairman looked at the people behind him.

All the executives and the doctors present just smiled warmly at her, accepting her apologies also as they know full well that anything could happen on the road and basically it was not her fault. It was a good thing she made it there unscathed.

Kei roamed her eyes around the room as she was expressing her apologies through her eyes, checking whether she will see contempt in them because she was late. Luckily, she saw none and she was relieved.

"Thanks for understanding." Kei bowed in her sincerest apologies. "So shall we start? We might be taking up so much of your time."

Everyone settled on their seats and the meeting regards the project goals, initial construction cost analysis, and initial programming started.

The meeting took almost three hours as they've discussed two projects that will occur in the hospital. Renovation of wards in Building B and the construction of the new building, Building C. Both of which were funded by a conglomerate, Sy Group of Companies which was their biggest benefactor.