|32| two things

"You seemed better now, you even sprinted in coming here. That's a great improvement compared the last time." Jiro praised her as he grabbed the syringe from the tray.

Her second dose is already in his office.

"Is it really okay to administer the shot here and not in the OPD anymore? People might think that I am having this privilege because of the Chairman." Kei started to rant as Jiro rubbed the cotton with alcohol on her arm.

She's looking at him intently, not wanting to see the needle or else, she might not be able to maintain her cool anymore.

"It's okay. I am your doctor and you are my patient, therefore it should go without saying that you must be in my clinic, so ignore the bashers." Jiro said as he injected her second dose. "Besides, you will be paying extra for the special service..." when he finished his speech, so with the vaccine.

"Still aching?" Jiro asked afterwards.

"Nope. Hmm, what's the Cebuano for 'little bit'?

"Gamay ra. Wait, why are you learning Cebuano?" Jiro commented curiously.

"I'm working with Cebuanos and I feel out of place at times. It's good to know some words." Kei then raised her shoulders as she touched her vaccinated arm,

Jiro just nodded his head in agreement. They were then interrupted when Mary knocked and said,

"Doc, "muoli nako". Bye. Enjoy!" Mary shouted without opening the door.

With the knowledge that they were alone, awkward silence surrounded the entire clinic.

"Oh no! How should I settle my payment? Mary already left. How about I treat you to dinner?"Kei started to break the ice after moments of deafening silence.

"I have a class at 8pm. I’ll save it for later. You owe me one meal, Miss Kei." Jiro replied as he started to pack his things.

"You're teaching or you're the student?"

"I teach, as stress reliever." Jiro answered truthfully.

"I see... by the way, just Kei is okay." Kei said. Jiro nodded his head and was about to agree when Kei added, "But you can call me babe if you want, I won’t mind." She teased as she also took her bag.

"Kidding, but half meant." She giggled and stood up as, she really still has work to do. "I need to go now, I only excused myself to go to the wash room." She smiled awkwardly.

Jiro just smiled after hearing her remark. Just as he continued his packing, he heard the door open and overheard a statement that made her shake his head and chuckle.

"And just so you know, wa koy uyab. Byeeee!" Kei then sprinted out of the clinic to get back to her meeting.

When the door closed, Jiro let out a good laugh. He found Kei really funny. But he actually liked her boldness. Too straightforward that he's not even what’s meant and what’s not.

Then he realized two things.

First, he forgot to tell Kei about her 3rd dose. He still has to check his schedule. If he's not available, he might just ask Dean instead.

And second, he could endure someone's boldness rather than those who pretend to be demure.