|50| the song

The manager after seeing the spark between the darling of the crowd briefed the two upstage over the microphone happily.

"Well, Doc Jiro knows the mechanics but I'll say it for Miss Kei. Uhm, we have an electronic spinning wheel here in the projector. We will be the ones to spin the wheel but you will have the power to stop it. When you say stop, wherever the arrow points out, you have to sing the song no matter what. Got it, Kei?" Mike instructed.

"Yep, okay." Kei mumbled as she looked at Jiro who was practically composed but was smiling helplessly while looking at the hospital staff as if he was pranked big time.

After making sure that everyone is ready, "Okay, spin the wheel!" Then the DJ clicked the laptop and the wheel started spinning. Moments later, "Stop!" She then shouted over the mic.

Everyone's eyes were glued to the projector. Then everybody started clapping and cheering at the sight of the song. Kei covered her mouth in shock with wide eyes when she read the title of the song, while Jiro could only shake his head in disbelief and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh shit. Out of all the songs, we practically have to sing this," Jiro mumbled to himself.

"Oh yeah! Bring it on Doc Ji!" Mary shouted amidst the cheering of the crowd.

Jiro could only rub his temple in helplessness.

"Okay, guy. This may be our lucky night because the couple, aherm our duet performers will be singing, Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth! Let's give it up for Doc Ji and Architect Kei as they do the Marvin Gaye..." after a long pause Mike added, "...song!"

Everyone cackled with his announcement and applauded the two performers on stage. Kei could only smile at the turn of events while looking at Jiro for help.

"Ji..." Kei called him. But since they were standing near the stereo speakers, Jiro failed to notice. She decided to move closer to him this time. Then, she slightly tugged his sleeve to caught his attention. Once she succefully did, she whispered, "This is my first time singing in front of many people, so please bear with me. Don't worry, I know the song."

Kei whispered to Jiro's ear forgetting that they are in front of many people. The crowd roared at the sight of the gesture because they looked so good together. The chemistry between them is so strong the audience absorbed it.

Jiro after seeing the teasing played along. He also whispered something to Kei in her ears, "Let's just do it like the original. Hmmm, do you want to get the 15k?"

"Who wouldn't want that 15k? Of course!"

"Then let's win this and show them that they've made the wrong decision of pushing us first. Okay?" He then winked to her in assurance.

After hearing the remark from him warmth suddenly sprung out of her, her stomach sank and her face blushed. She then held the wireless mic tighter as she inhaled deep to compose herself.

"Once again! Let us all welcome our first contender as they do, sorry sing, the Marvin Gaye! A round of applause for Keiro, please!" Mike announced.

Everyone applauded to boost their confidence, then stopped at the start of the song.

"Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on..."

Jiro's voice echoed in the area. He hit the right notes on his intro.