|76| mastermind

"You can't sleep too?" Kei asked as she looked in the night sky, searching for stars.

"I think I won't be able to sleep knowing that you're not yet inside your tent. I'm scared to be held liable." He joked which made her giggle.

"About earlier... Your confession. What was that?" Kei then turned serious this time.

"Oh about it. Hmm, I just want to say that I'm Don who picked you up at the airport." He then swallowed hard and looked at her intently.

"Oh..." Kei simply commented.

"It was unintentional. I'm sorry if I pretended to be someone else. One, I'm embarrassed after the dance. Two, I want to get even with Dean. Three, I know Doc Jean entrusted you with Don. So I assume that it was him whom you are expecting. If it is someone else, you might not come." He enumerated as if he doesn't want to be misunderstood.

"That's it? How about the lunch at Rico's?"

"What about it?"

"Was it part of your task that day?"

"No... I just heard your stomach rumble so I offered. Besides, I was also hungry at that time. So I thought, a casual lunch won't hurt, right?"

"Okay, good to know that." She smiled meaningfully while looking at the fire.

"Aren't you angry?"

"About lying about Don? I'm not. I actually have a hunch already, especially when I knew that Dean is Donato yet the built, the voice, the hands - you really have more similarities with Don. However, I became busy with work too so I just set that aside. Besides, you just used another name. You didn't really pretend to be someone you're not." Kei paused.

"What angers me is, I thought you would confess like for real! Like you'd say you like me too and whatnots. Aish. We really are the mastermind of our own disappointments." She declared regretfully.

Jiro could only laugh at her confession and said, "Sorry." while scratching his head.